Remy's and Motion Sickness?

I did a search but didn’t see anything posted recently. Is anyone who gets motion sickness on the 3D rides done Remy’s and how did it go? For reference I had never been motion sick in my entire life until I rode Star Tours, then I had vertigo in 2020 and again last summer and I have more problems now. Runaway Railway for example I have to close my eyes during the underwater part and since there’s not really as much jostling like there is with Star Tours I have been fine there.

1 Like

Remy is similar in some ways to Harry Potter & The Forbidden Journey from a motion sickness standpoint - spinning, moving cars and large immersive video screens, but without the vertical motion. DW cannot handle HPFJ and avoided Remy as a precaution.

1 Like

I get motion sick fairly easily, but our last trip was the first time the screen rides bothered me at all. Star Tours was rough, FOP was mostly ok, I had no issues with Runaway Railway, and Remy was a mix. I had to close my eyes a few times. I found it pretty similar to MMRR but I thought the car had more “crazy” motion so that one was worse for me. But I would ride it again.

1 Like

My husband has terrible motion sickness. He said his experience on Ratatouille was less bad than Star Tours. (He can typically do Star Tours one time.)

3 Likes

Paging @Jeff_AZ and his scientific rating system.

3 Likes

Your experience sounds similar to mine. Star Tours does me in but otherwise most Disney rides are fine.

I get this a little, too, though it doesn’t bother me much.

For Remy, I get a little motion sick during the screen parts. There are a few scenes where you park directly in front of a screen and don’t really move, all the motion is indicated by the screen, plus some minor simulated motion by the car. This makes me a little ill, but nowhere near as bad as Star Tours or even MFSR. I sometimes take my 3D glasses off and look around the room during these parts and that helps. But even without that, I’m ok.

4 Likes

I see your point but Forbidden Journey nearly killed me, whereas Remy was just mildly uncomfortable.

2 Likes

I rode Remy and HP Forbidden Journey in September and felt horrible after both. So during our January trip i rode without glasses on Remy and was fine. For what it’s worth, I’ve had no problem on Cosmic Rewind!

1 Like

My DH gets motion sickness esp from simulator rides (FOP, ST). He did ok on Remy, but he did have to remove the glasses and close his eyes a few times. GOTG did a number on him, and he will never ride TOT again. He felt awful after that one.

1 Like

Remy is much worse than MMRR. I get the same feeling at the same part you do for MMRR, but otherwise the ride is fine. There are several more screen scenes in Remy and I feel like there are more transitions in Remy and more of the sets are on a smaller, tighter scale than the big open rooms of MMRR.

1 Like

My daughter is 9 years old and has terrible motion sickness secondary to a vestibular disorder. The first time she rode Remi she was absolutely fine and loved it! 9 months later she rode it again, saying it was her favorite ride ever but then got horribly sick from it!

1 Like