Remy’s

That’s interesting.

So when NIST tells me by how much my cell phone time is off, I’m not supposed to believe it? Curious as to why NIST goes to this effort if it’s totally useless.

1 Like

Cell towers obtain their times directly from NIST as well…so trusting your cell is trusting NIST.

What about when cell times and NIST aren’t the same?

Most likely due to rendering issues in the browser, or variances in latencies, etc.

I have the NIST site up on my phone and desktop. Holding my phone up to the desktop, the “Coordinated Universal Time” on both devices are exactly the same (tic for tic).

The times on both devices are not lined up with NIST (off by .7 and 1.3, device times are different from each other.) Doesn’t this indicate that the NIST time is consistently accurate?

3 Likes

All of this about boarding groups is constantly the dumbest thing I think Disney has ever done. This is coming from someone who on both occasions got a <10 boarding group.

Disney should have everyone who wants a boarding group request one any time in the 14 days before your date of reservation until 8am and then at 8am or so distribute them randomly. This really isn’t a hard problem to solve.

Riding a ride about a rat being chased through a kitchen shouldn’t require a atomic clock synced to the exact position of the sun. Adding layers of unnecessary complication to ‘guage’ users interest in a ride doesn’t make sense when you can also just buy a pass with money to ‘gauge’ user interest.

3 Likes

Awesome!! Glad you got to ride it!

All this discussion over 1 second :joy::joy::joy:. Others wouldn’t understand, but us folk know how much difference the second can make :blush:. Love it!

1 Like

The latencies in a packet round tip for Wifi can cause variancies as much as .5 seconds due to collisions and retries. I would expect the same or worse with a celluar service.

1 Like

Cell towers are, but to my knowledge, phones don’t constantly sync the time from the towers. They do it at set intervals, which is why you can have time drift. I’ve seen two phones on the same.carrier side by side off by as much as a second… Hours later they were the same.

2 Likes

Sorry to bump this thread, couldn’t find a general BG one.

How is this working just now? Can someone else book for linked friends & family in MDE? Do they need their own ticket and park reservation to do so?

Same as always. The person attempting needs to be eligible by having a park reservation.

2 Likes

If you want someone to book for you from home, you need to give them your login info. I’ve done this a few times for family members with great success.

3 Likes

Thank you both.

1 Like