Remy’s

Is there no 7:00am boarding group for Remy’s or did I miss it? Refreshed right at 7:00 and it just scrolled forever then showed queue available at 1pm

Unless there was a technical reason why they didn’t release at 7am (like the ride is down), it sounds like all the boarding groups filled up within a minute. I haven’t been following it for Remy, but I wouldn’t be surprised if that was the case. I’m so sorry. This whole way of experiencing the parks is a cluster that needs a complete overhaul. What they are doing isn’t working. Fingers crossed you can get in at 1pm.

3 Likes

You need to check again about 10 minutes after 7:00…at least, this was reported a couple weeks ago. When people view an available time, they seem to be temporarily made unavailable for others for 10 minutes to allow for folks to finish their “transaction”. They supposedly become available again about 10 minutes later.

So, if right at 7:00 you don’t see what you want, try again at 7:10.

I can’t vouch for this myself. It is based on anecdotal reports.

3 Likes

For a boarding group?

Honestly, I can’t recall. So, I’m merely suggesting, whether it is a boarding group, an ILL or a G+LL, to just try again around 7:10.

Did you select your party before 7:00 @KatKam26 ?

The 10-minute check trick is for ILL purchases. For BGs, you have one microsecond to get a BG at 6:59:59.5 and if you miss it, you’ve got to wait until 1pm.

Hope you got one!

2 Likes

Got one at the 1:00 drop! By the skin of my teeth…had one bar of service deep in the bowels of test track!

Thanks! @dianelynn its so many different rules for different things it’s hard to keep straight!

@ryan1 I’ve seen that availability at 7:10/11 for ILLs for sure!

@Jeff_AZ apparently microseconds count!! Sheesh!! That was fast!!!

5 Likes

I think so, but honestly at this point I’m not sure, maybe not! It’s all blurring together!

1 Like

Wait… I can’t tell if you’re joking. Is Remy really at 6:59:59 timer instead of 7:00:00?

1 Like

It’s advertised as 7:00:00 but if you read @bebe80’s instructions, he recommends refreshing half a beat before. After doing it many times myself, I can attest that the extra half second works like a charm. We have a 100% success rate doing it that way. I assume the computer program is designed so that 6:59:59 is the last moment when you cant get a BG. Or something like that.

7 Likes

On the other hand, I waited until 7:00:00 exactly, and managed BG 2, 5, and 12.

2 Likes

Yeah but don’t you remember? Your phone time (which you were going by) was 1 second fast.

3 Likes

It wasn’t. It is, like all cell phones, synced to the standard time via the cell network, which guarantees the correct time.

:rofl:
Nice try

I am confused.

Cell phone times are almost always off, whether it’s fast(+) or slow(-). Resetting the time format in your phone settings fixes it temporarily.

Just went to this site now from my phone. It says my clock is almost 1 second slow. Try it.

1 Like

You can’t use a website to compare to. They are inherently wrong due to various reasons. Cell phone times are almost as accurate as you can get, aside from a pure GPS signal.

“The first clock to use this new technology, NIST-F1, called a fountain clock, was put into service in 1999 and originally offered a threefold improvement over its predecessor, keeping time to within 1/20,000,000 of a second per year. NIST continued to enhance the design of NIST-F1 and subsequent fountain clocks until the accuracies approached one second every 100,000,000 years.”

HOW IT WORKS

“When a user connects to www.time.gov on a computer or mobile device, the Javascript in the client’s browser checks the local clock on the device and then requests the time from a NIST server, which has been synchronized with UTC(NIST). When the packets containing the NIST time stamp arrive at the client’s browser, the device clock is checked again and compared to the first check of the local clock. The result is a measurement the round-trip delay of requesting/receiving the time stamp. It is estimated that one-half of the round-trip delay happens in each direction. The time on the clocks shown on the web page have been corrected for the estimated one-way path delay of the timestamp from the server to the client and the server delay. Your device’s clock is also shown, with the error compared to NIST time.”

I know how it all works. But the cell signal is a more direct method of obtaining the NIST time without the estimates that can cause invalid assumptions within browsers.

The biggest source of accuracy in a phone isn’t the time source itself, bit how long it takes to propagate that time to the system clock. So, older phones may end up being slightly less accurate.

I have worked with cell Tech for a good 20+ years now…and current also work with GPS synchronization. It is difficult get to everything to be exactly in sync. But the cell phone time is probably your most accurate bet most of the time.