Remember when you could

Actually…now that you mention it…not so much. I just remember being able to see it.

2 Likes

{{{{hugs}}}}

2 Likes

Along those lines, I remember in the Imagination pavilion (was it called that, then?), there were these touch screen computers where you could design a roller coaster layout and then “ride it”, a la Roller Coaster Tycoon…but MUCH MUCH MUCH more primitively. I, too, was blown away.

3 Likes

Great Movie Ride. We loved that ride. Only thing we could ride in HS that didn’t make us dizzy.

6 Likes

Sum of all Thrills. DS was devastated that it went away just before the trip where he was tall enough to go upside down on it.

2 Likes

1989 – There were early television parts on display in the queue to Space Mountain. I remember being fascinated by all the primitive looking parts and pieces… and wondering, “Why is this here?”

Sum of All Thrills was awesome as well! Almost like the 21st century version of that 80s roller coaster design experience!

1 Like

Yup. There used to be a ton of super fantastic stuff in there

Swim at River Country

7 Likes

I remember going to the parks w/o a touring plan and doing everything I wanted in a day :pensive:

4 Likes

ExtraTERRORestrial I still remember vividly the feeling of breath on the back of my neck. So creepy!

9 Likes

Ah! Original Figment :purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:

5 Likes

Omg I hated that ride!

2 Likes

See Al Martino at the Top of the World nightclub?

1 Like

This dad did that in '93. So cool.

2 Likes

It was in Communicore. The “host” of the game was a beaver who had a speech impediment where he would whistle every time he said a word that started with “s.” (The Goggle Machine tells me this character was named Mr. Busy). I remember this because he would say “that’s swell!” when you added a section of track.

2 Likes

OMG!! River Country was the best!!! It was by far my favorite water park. Miss it so much!

5 Likes

Oh yeah, I remember the Skyway.

And the subs. sniff
I know they’re not the same at DLR… but now that I know they’ve got a sub ride, I have to go there.

1 Like

Ah! My obviously-flawed memory had us in the building that is currently the Imagination Pavilion. I think I was only 9 at the time. But I do remember other aspects of Communicore!

Interesting how much of what is missed was in Epcot.
Add me to the list.
Especially the original Dreamfinder and Figment.
World of Motion and Horizons.
Parade in what is now HS. We saw an Aladdin one (camel spits)
Also: Lights

and Back Side of Lights.

9 Likes