Rejoice! no more testing starting Sep 23rd, 2022

3 Likes

Important caveat: for the fully vaccinated guests over age 11

Guests not fully vaccinated will continue to require testing.

2 Likes

I was so happy when I got the email :grinning: We sail on October 6th!

Now they just need to stop making Platinum guests pick a port arrival time.

So is this definitely the correct information? We got two different emails this morning with two different sets of information about testing both claiming that another email had been sent in error!

It would be nice to not have to worry about pre-cruise testing while also dealing with flights at Christmas. Hoping that is the right info.

They have updated the website!

2 Likes

The official email I got reads:
"Beginning Sept 23, 2022 for sailings aboard the Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy, Disney Wish and Disney Wonder, and beginning Nov 7, 2022 for sailings aboard the Disney Magic, fully vaccinated guests are no longer required to participate in Covid19 testing in order to sail. Guests who are NOT fully vaccinated must continue to provide proof of a negative covid19 test taken one to 3 days before the sail date. However, Guests who are not fully vaccinated will no longer be required to complete a second test at the terminal on embarkation day.

In order to sail, all guests 12 and older (who are required to be vaccinated), plus those under 12 that are vaccinated, must upload their proof of vaccination to the Inspire Diagnostics Safe Passage website by midnight prior to embarkation day. Unvaccinated guests must upload a negative covid19 test result to the Inspire Diagnostics Safe passage website by midnight prior to embarkation day. Uploading these documents is a requirement for adults and children, regardless of age."

1 Like

We got that same email, but we also got another email that said testing was still required. And both emails said they were correcting an email sent in error! :rofl: Gotta love the communication!

It sounds like the one that said testing is not required if vaccinated is the right one.

1 Like

Several TAs have confirmed this to be “official”. Probably just an intern learning the system but the it has definitely been confirmed.

3 Likes

Also worth noting from TP’s blog post they said that the Magic is on a different schedule since they sail to Canada and have to go by Canada’s rules.

1 Like

Or possibly it’s the Bermuda sailings. I understand that to be a stricter place.

2 Likes

I got two emails too both saying wrong information was sent.

1 Like

I think Bermuda was mentioned as well.

Edit: Here is the blog post:

Please note that the change to testing requirement does not take place on the Magic for several weeks after the other ships. The Magic will be sailing primarily itineraries in Bermuda and Canada during this time. If these governments change their cruise passenger test requirements prior to November it is possible that further updates could occur.

1 Like

phew…this was so nerve-wracking in August and we sail on the Magic in January. Sounds like we should be able to avoid this whole ordeal! Thanks ya’ll for posting!

2 Likes