Refillable Mug Length of Activation

We’re probably going to stay at a Disney resort 1-2 days before and 1 day after our 7-day cruise. I’ve read that refillable mugs are activated for “length of stay” but other sites state “14 days.” Just wondering whether anyone knows whether the default is still 14 days as that would make the purchase more attractive if we can use it again for the last day of our stay after the cruise.

@jeremy1002 has lots of good intel on this

2 Likes

I know it’s not length of stay if it’s over 14 days, because we had 15 days/14 nights and couldn’t use them on the last day. That’s changed since our last trip. Shorter than that, I have seen reports of both.

Every time they activate (press the button) it is 14 days. If you need it to be more than 14 days @jeremy1002 has had luck getting them to press it more than once (you ask only if other CMs are not around).

You should be good!

4 Likes

Did you ask them to extend the date?

We’ve had 17 and 21 days as long ago as 2012. Each time, we just told them we were staying longer, they scanned our bands to check the dates and added the extra days.

I didn’t ask them because it was departure day and we didn’t really need them - it was easier just to pack them anyway. I would have done if we were going to stay at the resort that day (or staying longer), but we were in the parks.

4 Likes

You’ll be fine with them! 14 days is standard. If you’re unsure, just tell them the mug isn’t working & have them activate it again. It will earn you another 14 days :slight_smile:

1 Like

We stayed from August 16-19th and bought mugs, activated them on the 16th. Then went back for a second trip August 28-31. We brought the mugs with us on the second trip and there was only one day left but she activated it again for an additional 14 days when we asked (no additional charge)

2 Likes

Thanks for the responses everyone. Glad to hear we should be able to use them after too. :smile:

1 Like