Recommendations for Company to sell my DVC Grand Cal?

Hi- We bought GFV this year and are looking to sell our DVC Grand Cal- never stayed there but was best deal when we bought it ! :slight_smile:
Anyone have a company they used for selling they liked?

2 Likes

Hi - I haven’t sold but had a few thoughts to offer based on what I know and my buying experience::

DVC resale market: they are the big players. They have a ton of volume and are well known. They price high and I think expect people to make lower bids. I think they will give you honest opinions abiut what you should sell for. Their comission is 9.5%. I don’t know how they are to work with.

DVCStore.com: they are trusted and have been around a long time. I bought from them and they held my hand the whole way through. They are reaponsive and helpful. They appear to be running a promotion of an 8.5% comission.

Fidelity: not related to Fidelity Financial, Fidelity is a big name in all Florida timeshares not just DVC. They price to sell. As a buyer I always looked at their site first because the prices tended to be the lowest. They are professional but would not describe them as “warm” or “hands on”. I am not sure of their comission rate.

You may know all of this, but maybe it will help. Good luck!

1 Like

That is VERY helpful- Thank you!

1 Like

:cry: I wish I had a bunch of cash lying around to make an offer on this contract! I’d love to own there but it is stupid expensive.

3 Likes

How many points? You are sitting on a gold mine! Grand Cal goes for more than direct points right now.

3 Likes

We have 220 points
That’s what got us to add at GFV thinking we could sell GCV if we wanted. Always feels odd when I think of this DVC as a good investment lol
I wanted to stay once before selling but won’t happen.

1 Like

You’re missing out! It’s a fabulous resort and you can’t beat the entrance right into California Adventure! Good luck with your sale. I’m sure it will go quickly and for a great price!

1 Like