Recommendation for EP area restaurant please

Reading thru all of this, I think you’ll be making a mistake if you don’t give FF a try. It has a much quieter adult vibe (at least it did before the redo in 2016-ish?). The entrees are excellent and varied (I am allergic to shellfish and I would still dine here again). Plus, you have the advantage of a good bar selection. If this fits with your personal style, give it a try.

You’ve missed the point.

I have been to FF and I adore it.
However, my husband does not eat seafood in any form
We plan to dine at Topolino’s for our other big dinner out, and he will get the filet there.
The ONLY THING on the menu at FF that he would get is also a steak.
It doesn’t seem right that he should have to eat the same thing twice.

Topolino’s is the top priority, so that stays on the list which means FF goes.

And it means I’m in search of something else instead of it.

1 Like

My apologies…

No apologies needed. :slight_smile:

Have you had the chicken one?

No it’s a flavor of the month. But I did try the thanksgiving dinner one and it was surprisingly delicious. I can see this being similar.

I’d probably get the deviled egg one in a sampler. But I’m not keen on ordering a pint to be shipped to me on the off chance I might like it.

1 Like

Deviled egg ice cream… just reading that made me throw up a little bit in my mouth. :nauseated_face::face_vomiting:

3 Likes

They are still doing samples but just fyi they stopped the ice cream flight.

Really? That’s a “thing” for them.

That’s sad to hear.

1 Like

At least at they DS stopped. I asked about it when we were there a few weeks ago.

1 Like

I’m not adventurous enough to eat at Salt & Straw. I mean, if I want ice cream, it had pretty much better have chocolate in it…the more the merrier. And then, with the chocolate, something can be added…usually made of chocolate itself…like fudge, or brownie bits. Throw in a nut, that’s okay. IF the ice cream is vanilla-based, then it had better be filled with chocolate additions.

THIS flavor has potential:

But the picture makes the chocolate look very weak, so I’m not sure it is worth it. Needs to be a much darker brown, otherwise it is a travesty calling it “chocolate” ice cream.

I’d probably end up falling back to this:

But it hardly seems worth the effort of hitting up Salt and Straw if I can just buy this kind of flavor anywhere else, including my local grocer.

2 Likes

I’m going to throw my hat in the ring for TaF and also recommend A&C. We ate at A&C for the first time last month and enjoyed it. In the not near there, but only a Minnie Van ride away camp- I highly recommend Toledo

2 Likes

I was iffy on it, but someone on a podcast I listen to was raving about the strawberry honey balsamic black pepper and I tried it and loved it.

Not sure I could do their weird flavors though.

3 Likes

Another vote for Amare. I’ve never been, but I need guinea pigs. I’d guess that there’s a decent chance for some good eats. “Meditteranean” isn’t too far from the norm for meat&tater people, the words on the menu might seem exotic if they are not familiar, but…

https://swandolphin.com/wp-pdf/menus/amare-dinner.pdf

Check youtube for your favorite reviewer if you have any. I think Nate from Mr. Morrow really liked it 6 months ago. I’m guessing all of the big hitters have done a review (if you trust any of em, that is.)

2 Likes

Absolutely! That is 100% hands down my favorite flavor ever.
But life is meant to be adventurous! It all gets a little bland and boring if you don’t really mix it up from time to time!

That cherry pie one is the one that least interests me this month. I like cherries, I like cherry flavor - I do NOT like cherry pie.

My favorite chocolate is called “Forbidden Chocolate” made by Friendly’s and it’s almost black it’s so dark. Throw a double dose of hot fudge on a couple of scoops in that and I’m cured of whatever may be ailing me. Chocolate ice cream is the stuff of dreams. It’s life. I’m always going to want it.

But, I like exploring too.

Precisely why the world needs a Salt and Straw

2 Likes

Ahhhhhh this is on my radar too but would def require more time.
And pre or post drinks at Dahlia?

That’s a nice night right there.

1 Like

Always worth a taste. How else will you know if you’re missing out?

2 Likes

Lots of seafood on that menu :frowning:

Fortunately I don’t have to stress it because most of them are not gluten-safe.

And I find deviled eggs disgusting in ANY form. Freezing them isn’t going to change that.

2 Likes

Me neither.

A few of their flavors sound awesome (snickerdoodle? I’m there!). But anything that sounds like a Willy Wonka everlasting gobstopper flavor is beyond my desire to try.

2 Likes