Recommendation for EP area restaurant please

Oh I definitely need no instruction there. That will be a thing. Probably more than once.

(Edited to make actual sense. WTF is going on with autocorrect?!)

2 Likes

Strictly because of proximity. Except for our arrival night, we’ll be sticking to the EP/HS area for the duration of the trip. And there’s a lot we haven’t seen/done in that particular area because we’ve never stayed there before. So we’d like to take advantage of this time to do that.

I have been wondering about venturing over to WBG, though. But it would mean cutting some time short in one of the parks. With parks closing at 9 (except for Wed, hopefully, at EP), by the time we go over to DS for dinner there’s no sense in going back to a park. With a location in proximity, though, we could potentially still have an hour or so after an early dinner to be in-park

1 Like

But you know what he WOULD like at R&C is the Shepherd’s Pie :thinking:

1 Like

I see. Time is of the essence. Sounds like Swan/Dolphin restaurants have good choices since you’re looking for something new. I look forward to your stay at BWV. We are staying there for the first time in December. The husband already said he wants to eat at FF thanks to Pete Werner and crew.

3 Likes

I’d say the skirt steak is the only thing that’s going to work there. It’s sauced with chimichurri but that can be left off if needed. It’s also a pretty large platter and with two people would probably be the only thing you’d order.

Flying Fish does have a very good New York strip on their menu. It’s been a fixture because they always knew seafood is a turn off for some guests, and if they were going to have a steak, they wanted it to be a really good steak.

Topolino and Trattoria are going to be considerably different. Il Mulino is better than Trattoria. It’s not a red-sauce-checkered-tablecloth kind of place, but there are several pasta plates that are close enough and not too challenging.

bluezoo is not really a safe option as the filet from the current menu is about the only meat-and-potatoes. To me Shula’s is overpriced and not worth it. I would like to see Yachtsman firebombed and then converted into a DVC kiosk, but for my own personal reasons.

4 Likes

Well, that’s a no then. Because Topolinos for him = steak

I’ve been there before, so something new is appealing even if it’s not quite on the same level.

Hmm, how about Ale and Compass dinner though? A steakhouse of any sort is not going to fit the bill here

1 Like

It has a couple of meat-and-potatoes options aside from a steak. I’ve always really liked it. However, I’m no chef™ so you should probably defer to my intellectual and culinary betters for their opinions.

EDIT: I see it also has a pasta dish but I suspect the spinach in it is going to be a deal breaker. Spinach is something that’s going to be added at serving time though so it would probably be easy enough to omit.

1 Like

This just goes to show how individual tastes can be, because shepherd’s pie is one of the grossest things to me. Food that I normally eat separately that is all mixed together is unappetizing to me.

The Kitchen Sink from Beaches and Cream counts as a meal, right?

There. Problem solved. You’re welcome.

5 Likes

I’m right there with you buddy.
Pass, thank you.

1 Like

It actually does. Sadly (? that feels wrong to say) we’ve done that before and we are looking to expand our experiences to include places yet unexplored.

But maybe for lunch…

Although my ice cream stomach space may be reserved for Salt & Straw (normies do have limited stomach space)

2 Likes

1 Like

Random: whenever people use this “brand” of gif, it’s blocked by my work firewall. To see what I’m looking at I have to open the thread up on my phone.

I hate firewalls.

1 Like

better?

1 Like

Oh and speaking of Salt & Straw, my birthday is coming up if anyone is looking for something special for me. I’m a size pint, and my color preference is flavor of the month.

4 Likes

Well I mean sure :slight_smile: You didn’t have to change it - it was really just a random observation. I had opened it on my phone already :smiley:

1 Like

Would that be the Deviled Egg Custard with Black Smoked Tea or the Cinnamon and Honey Fried Chicken?

Ok maybe not the deviled egg one but yes to the chicken one

PS thank you for checking. They have my address on file for your convenience.

1 Like

Oh! A kindred soul……for my own personal reasons.