Recommendation for a trip memory book

My mother was cleaning out a cabinet and passed this book along to me. It is a book for kids to record their memories of their Disney World trip. It is super cute and even lists out the rides in each area for kids to rank. One side has some prompts and the other has a place for a picture. Here is the cover and a sample of pages.

3 Likes

Problem is that this book is old. My daughter was quite confused looking at some of the attractions. It was a trip back in time for me because this book was intended for my brother and I as kids. Look at the rest of the attraction pages!

3 Likes

Does anyone have a more recent book they can recommend for our upcoming trip? Since DD8 will be missing school at least this way I can get her to do some prompted writing plus end up with a cute keepsake. The ones I have seen are more autograph based and obviously that won’t work right now.

That is really adorable and a great idea. I’m sure there are similar items now. Maybe check Etsy or some other creative type sitea too.

1 Like

If you can’t find something on Etsy, my parents made me do something similar in a plain composition notebook! I had a set of pages “due” per day, where on the left I would have to write about what we did and where we went, and on the right I drew a picture/decorated with stickers/taped in pieces of maps to match along with what I wrote about. Also in a sign that I was to be a nerd, I also frequently included math focused on counting specific things I saw that day or how much money I had remaining in my souvenir and snack budget! Now 20+ years later my family has hilarious souvenirs from all of our trips!

3 Likes

This sounds like me as a kid! My daughter on the other hand will do the bare minimum required. Her school assignment for her missed week for a trip to Hershey, PA two years ago was to write a few sentences about each day (and draw a picture) and it was painful. If I can’t find anything on etsy maybe I will write my own prompts. They seem to help.

1 Like

It’s probably a Liner trait! My parents said the only reason I didn’t write more was because I wanted to go out and swim with my younger brothers! Etsy seems to have a few designs if you search for “Travel Journal”, so hopefully you find something that’s a good fit.

1 Like

Check out the Guide to the Magic for Kids. My now 15 and 20yos loved it when they were younger. There are stickers and a write up for each attractions, places to write your impression as well as note if it is a thumbs up or down. :slight_smile: …and at the end there is a set of journal pages with writing prompts similar to the above memory book.

It is available on Amazon, but I generally ordered it directly from the author.

2 Likes

I use a website, lemme get the URL

ah here it is: https://forum.touringplans.com/

:smiley:

ok, for seriious, Disney actually had one. https://www.shopdisney.com/mickey-mouse-and-friends-travel-journal-walt-disney-world-400911913459.html

1 Like

This is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you very much!

1 Like