Recent double stroller rental recs?

Looking for recent experiences with double stroller rentals. We are taking car service to/from MCO and staying on property. Priorities are strong cust service/communication from company and easy to fold stroller. We were leaning towards citiMini GT from bOrlando Stroller Rentals but then read a few negative reports online. Recommendations for a company you’ve used and which double stroller you picked?

Following along. I’m stuck with will be bring a stroller or will we rent one.

1 Like

I’ve heard too many gate check stories about stroller wheels getting broken and didn’t want to take my chances, though it sure would be easier!

2 Likes

Good point. I was just thinking of the hassle. If the stroller got broken, I would be livid.

1 Like

I’ve used Kingdom Strollers (CityMini GT) several times. The last time was in July. I’ve always had great experiences. You can now even pick up/drop off at the airport.

1 Like

We just used Scooter Bug this past May and November. They will drop off your stroller with Bell Services and you don’t have to be present for pick up or drop off. I believe they are the only stroller company that can do that.

They also have CitiMini double strollers. However, this past trip I requested a CitiMini double and was “upgraded” to a BOB double. I do not recommend a BOB, unless you own one, but they are a pain to fold (I should have practiced before trying to board a bus) and take up a lot space in transportation.

Anywho, I called the stroller company and they apologized and brought a CitiMini to the hotel. We were at the park with the BOB and the new stroller was waiting for us at a Bell Services when we returned. I didn’t have to meet a employee from Scooter Bug to do the exchange.

I have also used Kingdom Strollers in the past and they were great too.

1 Like

Thank you, we were leaning towards citiMini bc we had read about the issues with folding the Bob. Glad to hear you were able to make the switch!

The Bob and the Summit X3 double are both a bit more difficult to fold than the city mini gt.
I personally used Kingdom Strollers in the past and it’s what I book for clients.

1 Like

We did a double stroller rental from Disney directly. The main con was that it was pretty small. Our two were 6 and 8 years old. The 6yo almost refused to walk for the whole trip, and the 8yo refused to share the stroller. Luckily, the 8yo was able to walk about 90% of the time. Some long days, I carried one on my shoulders while the other rode.

The main pro about Disney strollers is that they are amazingly convenient. Paid $80 for 3 days. We got a receipt with 3 spots on it for date stamps. At every park, we were able to get a brand new rental in about 1 minute by walking up and showing the receipt. Never had to transport/fold a stroller once. We just left it at the entrance of the park and got a new one at the next park (when PHing). One day, we went to 3 parks and got 3 separate strollers. So very convenient indeed.

Strollers were very sturdy and in good condition. Easy to maneuver (large rear wheels). We strapped our backpack to the handle and left it on top for identification. On one rainy day, the velcro sun cover provided some protection to the seating area and backpack (shoved under it). If it’s going to rain, I’d bring some kind of cover. We saw many people with them.

1 Like

Another vote for Kingdom Strollers. We picked up and returned at MCO, it was super easy and the stroller itself was in great condition. No complaints whatsoever!

2 Likes

That is what we are doing so we don’t have to meet the delivery person at our resort. It takes too much time out of the day. How was the transaction of picking up the stroller? Fast?