Reassurance, please

I’m pretty much all-in for October at this point.

I was booked into Endless Summer but decided to look at other options, primarily because you can’t walk to UOR from there. This is a COVID issue as well as a convenience issue for me.

I’ve settled on Sapphire Falls. It ticks a lot of my boxes — you can walk to the parks, you get a big screen tv, I could get a king room with sofa and pretty view.

I’m basically looking for reassurance that it’s a great resort and I’ve made an incredible choice. It seems to be UOR’s version of CSR, but with better landscaping and a less impressive lobby.

3 Likes

Touring Plans has done a couple of blog posts about Sapphire Falls and it seems wonderful. The first one is from earlier this year (pre-COVID):

And this is more recently with all the COVID measures in place:

I especially liked this part:

For those used to bus transportation at Walt Disney World, buses are also arriving and departing seemingly non-stop to CityWalk. There was never a time we waited longer than three minutes for a bus.

They say it’s about 10 minutes to get to the parks either by bus or walking.

4 Likes

That’s some great intel. Thanks.

1 Like

I’ve read it now. I was wrong. It’s awesome intel.

Really pleased and excited now :smile:

2 Likes

Glad I could be of assistance! Now I feel like my compulsive weekend reading of the TP blog was not in vain. :wink:

9 Likes

We stayed at Sapphire Falls for 1 night 2 years ago before checking into HRH. We loved it! It is a beautiful resort and we would stay there frequently IF they offered Express Passes. But since they don’t, and I won’t go to UOR without them, we don’t stay there. We ate dinner at Amatista Cookhouse and it was fantastic. You have picked very well!

2 Likes

I’m booked at Royal Pacific for a quick (first time) stay before my WDW week. I’m not sure why, but I constantly confuse Sapphire Falls with Royal Pacific. Every. Single. Time. Clearly I should just save my money and rebook because I keep thinking I’m staying there whenever it gets mentioned…

3 Likes

Okay, this made me laugh! So many acronyms, so many things to keep track of. Who can keep it all straight? :laughing:

2 Likes

This aged well.

11 months later and three more cancelled trips and still the US border is closed.

2 Likes

Surely it is in the US national interest for you to be allowed in? (One of the exemptions in the proclamation). :nauseated_face:

2 Likes