šŸ¦” Really last minute trip booked ā€” Now featuring live trip report!

If this was a novel it would definitely represent something!

7 Likes

Ew

3 Likes

DD and I realized our last day there that our Mighty Ducks room was closer to Musicā€™a buses than our own. We only used them our MK day, but still ā€¦ :woman_facepalming:

4 Likes

Matt! Are you still sleeping?!?!

5 Likes

Leaving room now for the walk to the main building. Shouldnā€™t take more than a couple of hours. In terms of theming I much prefer ASMo, but the rooms are the same and thatā€™s all that really matters.

Plan adjusted for today. With MK having closed at 11pm last night, and @Nikkipoooo and I chatting till way late, rope drop was not on the cards. I actually slept all the way through (i.e. without waking up) until my 6.55am alarm for dumb G+ and snagging an LL for SDD. Then back to sleep for a couple more hours.

So no park till after work at 3pm. Have booked breakfast at Cape May (I wanted a hotel rather than HS) and Iā€™m hankering for omelettes and Mickey waffles. Also, Iā€™ve never been before. The location works for me because Iā€™m going to work at BW, where I know where to go, rather than RR, where I donā€™t.

Then a fun ride on the Skyliner to HS. Dinner at 50s PT at 5.15pm. SDD at about 8pm. Can book my next LL at 11am.

Lyft on the way.

14 Likes

Some non-original thoughts about G+ after my first day of using it.

It is objectively terrible. Effectively requiring people to wake up at 7am on their vacation is offensive. The price is pretty much double what it was originally sold as being. The complicated rules about when you can reserve your next LL are ridiculous, though having the time on the Tip Board is helpful. Why not an automatic reminder when itā€™s time, rather than having to set an alarm or remember it yourself.

Being given random times, which change as soon as you select them, and then having to endlessly modify, is irritating and time-consuming, not two words associated with relaxing and vacation.

But the worst part for me was trying to make a coherent schedule. This was perhaps because of the way I was using my day: not arriving until the afternoon and so stacking LLs before then. The app needs to make the schedule of your day so much clearer. Nonetheless, I nailed it.

If you used one LL at a time, so that you book whatever is reasonably soon, and then book the next as soon as youā€™ve tapped in (like with FPP after your first three) I guess it would be OK. But you would likely miss out on some headliners.

Having easy access to ILL rides ā€” if you pay ā€” is nice. But you have to pay.

G+ is the most obvious aggressive cash grab Iā€™ve ever seen a business do (other than when Apple jacked up UK prices after Brexit and the pound fell through the floor).

Fine, Disney. Take as much money as possible from your customers as you can. Maximise shareholder value and directorsā€™ bonuses. But donā€™t pretend youā€™re offering magical experiences to your beloved customers. Youā€™re milking them for every dime you can get.

See also: the cancelling of the DME.

Arriving BC.

17 Likes

Cape May is busy, which I wasnā€™t expecting, especially at this time of day.

Also: it is loud here, lol.

5 Likes

I world argue that Universal Express and all of the others that cost $100+ per day are a bigger one.

3 Likes

MMRR booked for my first ride. Always fun to have an alarm interrupt your breakfast.

Disagree. XP is a clear premium product and it is not effectively compulsory. And it is so easy to use.

Oh, and XP always existed. G+ (and its cost) is new.

9 Likes

Are you in the Country section? That happened to me. I was furious.

3 Likes

And Iā€™ve only once or twice paid for it. I usually get it ā€œfreeā€ by staying in the hotel so then itā€™s really just a perk. This is not a perk at Disney. The teeny tiny perk of a Deluxe being couple of nights at only one park or another for 2 extra hours (when for example at Epcot the problem is the walk from say Remy to GotG takes 20 minutes) is $(#&.

8 Likes

Yup all of this! :100:

Even on our VIP tour I was trying to get post dark rides (at Disneyland) on Matterhorn and BTMR and so I was still on my phone so I wouldnā€™t miss the ideal time slot I wanted (and still somehow missed it for Matterhorn. Then what do ya know a better time popped up so I went to grab it and by the time I clicked thru I had ended up with a worse time. Stupid stupid lots of curses words system that ruins your ability to just enjoy being in the park and you pay for this?!?!)

7 Likes

Really great service from my, er, server. And I told him so. And his supervisor. Heā€™s not hustling. Heā€™s just working his ass off.

And he gets me. When he brought my coffee he brought full cream. Not some watery nonsense. He then doubted himself and checked. There was no need.

When I saw the Mickey waffles at the buffet there was no syrup. I was so mad. Yet even while my rage was boiling he was bringing a pot of syrup to the table.

19 Likes

15 mins to get to BW and get ready. It seems like a long way.

10 Likes

Did he bring you a straw so you could make the most of that syrup? :waffle:

4 Likes

Listen, I know my TR was lovely, but this isnā€™t a contest. Hang on to your passport and your expensive sunnies.

That way I still win.

13 Likes

I waved at you when we did our Boardwalk stop!

7 Likes

:joy::joy::rofl::rofl::clap::clap:

3 Likes

Work done.

It is 3.12pm. My first LL, MMRR closes at 3.45pm. Iā€™m at BW, taking the Skyliner to HS. Will I make it?

Then I have an LL for TOT 3.25-4.25pm. Dinner at 50s at 5.15pm. TSM at 6.50pm and SDD at 8.45pm. So some fairly good stacking.

9 Likes

There is an extra 119 min grace period so you will be fine! Looks like a great night!

7 Likes