Ready to Run...a return to RunDisney races

Curious: has anyone in this group been able to secure a Capture Your Moment at MK for Sunday (1/9) afternoon?

I see availability in the Calendar up until the 8th, but it is greyed out for the 9th.

Actually when I dig deeper, only the 7th has a spot right now.

Yeah I couldn’t get one for myself this morning.

I was wondering if anyone here got one - I was going to offer to pay half if you would let my sis and I crash your “Moment”

Since the 9th shows it is greyed out, maybe try tomorrow morning?

No I was able to see it today because my reservation for the 8-10th allows me access to those dates. But there were only morning times on Sunday and only very late afternoon times on Monday neither of which will work.

It would be cool if TouringPlans reservation finder could search for these kinds of things (along with Savi’s, Droids, dessert parties, etc) @len I wonder if your team has the bandwidth to expand to other reserve-ables?

1 Like

1 Like

Here is a pic from my race on Sunday

And here is a link to my finish line video (which I did not know was going to be a thing!!)

Ok that video was hours long. Lol. I’ll be back with a link to just MY few seconds lol.

Nope. Oh well lol.

11 Likes

I just had the most ridiculous idea. I turn 50 on 4/2, which happens to be the date of the 10k Springtime. I’m not a runner, but maybe I could pull off a 10k. A million years ago I trained in 3 months for and rode 350 miles on my bicycle from Bear Mtn NY to Boston in 4 days. So I know I’m capable of doing I’mPossible things. I’m really going to have to think about it, but I’m leaning towards saying yes.

6 Likes

You can do it. Plenty of time to build to that distance.

2 Likes

That’s what I was thinking as well. I may even be able to suck my DS into running with me. He ran all through HS but stopped for a knee injury. Starting back up at my pace may work out well for him.

1 Like

I agree that you can do it! Seriously our minds can let us do amazing things. A Disney race is such good motivation too! Just put your mind to it.
And we are all runners (love the book Born to Run by Chris McDougall) so absolutely not ridiculous.

2 Likes

You got this! You only hit 50 once. A 10k would be a great way to commemorate it.

3 Likes

You can definitely do it! Find a training plan that works for you and you will have no problem being ready come April! I agree it would be a great way to celebrate turning 50!

3 Likes

Thanks everyone for your support!!

1 Like

I see no reason you shouldn’t try the 10k even if you have to take an easy pace. If you slow-walked the whole course you would still be done by 7ish and could go straight to a park for rope drop. If you’re a slow runner like me and take lots of walk breaks, you should be done by 630ish and have time to shower and still get to rope drop.

Of course, if waking up at 3am is not your idea of a good start to your birthday, then maybe reconsider. But I’ve now run 8 RunDisney races and the early wakeup is surprisingly not an issue. I think its the excitement. There really is no better running event when it comes to atmosphere.

ETA: I’m assuming the race starts at 5am, but didnt confirm that. Also, who knows what park hours will be in April. Maybe early entry will move to an hour, or maybe the parks will open earlier as the sun rises earlier in the spring. So rope dropping may be more difficult.

2 Likes

I actually think the 10K is one of the night races.

But also have not tracked super closely

That’s the bit that had me even consider doing it. I always thought runners ran. The whole thing. I don’t know why I never considered any amount of walking as possible.

I thought it was just the 5k.

1 Like

That was the epiphany that got me into running. I read Jeff Galloways book and learned about the run-walk-run method. I can’t run more than 10-12 minutes at a time. I usually do 3/4 mile jog, 1/4 mile walk. Which is usually 6-7 minutes jogging and 2-3 minutes fast walking. For races, I tighten that up though and typically only walk about a minute at a time. When everyone is running by you it is pretty motivating to get going again!

2 Likes

I thought the April race was the 10 Miler and not 10k which is about a 4 mile difference. Might want to double check before committing.

1 Like