Re-opening news for WDW

This is all rumor and conjecture at this point. Don’t spend time worrying about something that may not even be true.
Even if it was, there’s no mention of cancellations.

3 Likes

All DVC room types are villas. A DVC studio is just a “studio villa”.

1 Like

This is what troubles me:

So Disney is currently in the process of contacting people with resort stays/packages at hotels which are currently closed. I have heard they are currently contacting people up through July 4th and then will continue with the following week and so on…

Well, how long is that going to take them? I would assume they would need to have the resort stay situation inline before they roll out the new online reservation system, right? So I mean, come on! Hurry up! I still don’t see how this all works out by July 11th opening…still seems like so may ducks out of row.

1 Like

Furthermore: the longer it takes them to open back up their 60 day online reservations system, ADR system etc; the more people will then have fallen into their 60 day mark. Which means the more the people will be all logging in at the same time to book which means…we all know it…DISNEY IT CRASH! :confounded:

2 Likes

They are trying to “clear the decks” of reservations before park opening.

Once they have done that, they will likely open up park reservations and ADRs for everyone within 60 days, and let them book for length of stay and then roll it forward after that. A bit like the FP system.

1 Like

I wonder how many days in advance will you actually get to make reservations.

Resort guests and AP holders are supposed to get first shot, then off-site day guests afterwards.

With so many out of state visitors, would be 60 days for resort guests and 30 for off-site? Or maybe 30 days and 14 days? Or 14 and 7?

We are coming up on the 30 day mark for re-opening MK and AK.

1 Like

If ADRs are at 60 days I would imagine park reservations would have to be before that. Otherwise you could be making ADRs for a park you won’t end up being able to attend.

5 Likes

Actually they’ve said all existing reservations will get priority, haven’t they?

So the 60 day thing doesn’t work.

I suspect they will open it up in batches. Everyone with a reservation up to x date can book, then those up until September, and so on. Up to just before Christmas perhaps, or whenever they are thinking it’ll be needed.

Alongside that they’ll allow AP holders to book, probably up to 7 days worth or something. And whilst still giving onsite a slight priority.

And then they’ll open up bookings and ticket sales again, and as people book maybe at that point it will have a rolling system. With an advantage for onsite over offsite.

Urgh, I don’t know. I’ve confused myself.

Probably 60 days out will be the norm after they first catch up the early guests. Not sure how they will catch up guests fairly.

3 Likes

I understand that completely. Which is why I’m shocked that the “clear the decks” part is taking so painstakingly long. As of June 10th, they were only up to contacting people with resort stays on or before July 4th. They have a looooooooong way to go.

2 Likes

They only have one more week of reservations to go. And they have asked people to let them know by June 12th if they intend to keep their reservations.

It should all be done by tomorrow.

One more week??? How do they only have one more week. There are PLENTY of people booked late July-early August and so on that are booked in resorts that are not open.

They still have a long way to go to sort out where everyone is staying, or even IF they have room for them to stay before they can roll out the reservation system.

Could you imagine if someone staying at POP with a July 30th arrival, who has tickets was able to reserve park days only to find out their resort isn’t open, and the only option they are given is to upgrade to villa for $$$$ more that they cannot spend?

Nightmare.

2 Likes

Exact position we’re in -supposed to check in July 31 and haven’t heard a thing from Disney

2 Likes

I have a reservation beginning July 5th. Still waiting to be able to confirm or modify my reservation…24 days until July 5th…:neutral_face: I’m a little frustrated here

1 Like

In basically that exact position. AP holder with reservation at Pop starting August 2nd.

2 Likes

I assume they want to clear the bookings that are pe-park opening, before opening up the park reservation system.

They haven’t said yet when resorts are opening. They could announce they will open on July 11th, as they originally said.

1 Like

Based on what WDW has on its website about ADR dining, it looks like there will either be no ADR for in-park dining or only QS dining in-park, at least to start

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/dine/

In-Park Dining Reservations

At this time, dining reservations are not available. Reservations will resume at a later date.

When in-park dining initially becomes available, you’ll need valid park admission, a reservation for park entry and a dining reservation to dine at an in-park, table-service restaurant. Dining reservations do not guarantee admission to the park.

I don’t think that tells us anything about timing, it’s saying you will need a park reservation and an ADR to be able to dine at an in-park TS.

They clearly expect ADRs to open up at some point when park reservations are still in force.

Josh D’Amaro Chairman, Disney Parks, Experiences and Products had this blog post today about the re-opening of Disney Parks, again the phrase “baby steps”

They keep putting stuff out like this in place of real, useful information.

Can’t help but notice this line:

VERY intentional. Which means they know what they are doing. They know that they are holding information from their guests and frustrating them along the way.

Okay. Actually, that post, then, angers me more than anything. It is easy to give Disney a pass when they are just trying to figure things out. But to say it is VERY INTENTIONAL? Now you’re just playing games with us!

:confused:

ETA: Looking at it again, I think he is just talking about Disneyland, and not WDW specifically.

1 Like