Re-opening news for WDW

If anyone is there now you might want to keep your eyes open for the GF to MK walkway opening this weekend, plus the new boat dock.

Why is this making me so excited? :joy:

7 Likes

Park hopping is coming back in 2021!

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/parks/#park-hopper

7 Likes

And it’s open!

2 Likes

I hope it comes with longer park hours too!!

1 Like

Me too!!! So exciting!!

I know its controversial, but i like that you cant join RotR queue if you’ve already been to another park that day. That would make being in HS after 1 PM very unpleasant.

6 Likes

I don’t actually think that’s controversial! I think that’s most likely intended. Plus you won’t have a reservation for the 2nd park so it’s probably a heavy lift for their terrible IT to “gate” people without that.

2 Likes

Nevermind… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::sunglasses:

Looks like the Epcot monorail will re-open, at least in the afternoon, once park hopping returns.

The US site includes this about park to park transportation, which I assume means the Epcot monorail line will start running again at least around 2pm.

Park-to-park transportation is planned to resume in 2021, with operations beginning each day shortly prior to the start of Park Hopper hours. Learn more.​

Link is to the U.K. site but should take most of you to the equivalent US page including that statement (the U.K. site doesn’t have it yet - not that it matters at the moment for us).

https://www.disneyworld.co.uk/experience-updates/parks/

Can someone please let me know if you get that info from the page I linked to?

By the way, life has taken over for now. But I will start updating the first post with the park hopping and so on, hopefully in the next few days. :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

it’s a blank page when I try to open

but good news! thanks for sharing

Blizzard Beach is re-opening March 7th!

https://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/blizzard-beach/news/22dec2020-blizzard-beach-will-be-the-first-disney-water-park-to-reopen-in-march-2021.htm

3 Likes

I did a search for this post. The link did work for me. DFB is reporting that the EP monorail will not open:

I am unsure of the source since her “cast member” info has been wrong in the past.

3 Likes

Saw this yesterday too in a few places.

1 Like

Park hopping info now available on this number:

(407) 560-5000) .

Apparently there is no sign of availability showing yet on MDE.

Link:

2 Likes

Also this news:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ScottGustin/status/1339773713600884736

[

About Park Hopper hours: Disney confirmed eligible guests will be able to visit as many parks as they want after park hopper hours begin on Jan. 1. No limits. A reminder: You need a park reservation for your first park and you must enter that park before you can hop

Sorry the link to the actual Twitter post isn’t working for me.

3 Likes

The link works for me! I think everyone was waiting to hear about the “rules” but it doesn’t seem like there are any limits as long as you have a APR and enter that park?

1 Like

@Nicky_S, have you read any reports that there are “caps” on being admitted into the second park? Reports of people being turned away if they had an APR and entered the first park?

Not yet.

I did just read that Disney have added a third rule to park hopping on the site, suggesting they’ve had a lot of queries at least and possibly some issues with capacity.

• We will set specific Park Hopper hours during which this option will be available. Park Hopper hours will start at 2 PM each day and end at the park’s scheduled close time. Guests are now able to check the Park Hours calendar and soon will be able to check the My Disney Experience app for the most up-to-date Park Hopper hours, as they could start earlier at a later date, depending on the day and park.
  • With the updated Park Hopper experience, Guests must make a Disney Park Pass reservation for the first park they plan to visit AND enter that first park prior to visiting another. At this time, a park reservation is not required after the first park, however, reservation requirements are subject to change.
  • Dining reservations do not guarantee access to a park, and Park Hopper availability changes daily, we recommend Guests make dine reservations at the park where they have a Disney Park Pass reservation. Guests can make dine reservations or add their party to the walk-up list at select table-service restaurants via the My Disney Experience app after they enter the second park.
2 Likes

Are they counting guests as they leave?

I guess this has some people concerned about capacity

1 Like