Re-opening news for WDW

First post updated again!

Added the change to the times of Boarding Groups for Rise of the Resistance.

Also clarified DME is not doing luggage delivery to resorts, but that luggage transfer between resorts is operating normally.

Added a link to Food and Wine information from the Disney Food Blog.

Old info taken out about pre-park opening, to shorten the post and provide only relevant information.

As always let me know if there is something I should add in.

5 Likes

I can’t find anything on the Food Blog. If anyone comes up with a good link I’ll add it in to post #1.

Is this sort of what you were looking for?

2 Likes

Also this:

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2020/07/foodie-guide-to-the-2020-taste-of-epcot-international-food-wine-festival-opening-today/

Hope this is what you were looking for!

2 Likes

I think @Jsanta26 was wanting the modified menus of the restaurants that are open in the parks and resorts.

I can’t even find an up to date list of open restaurants in the parks, just the resorts.

Isn’t this the thread we did that for?

https://forum.touringplans.com/t/wdw-restaurant-reopening-list/72816

I know it’s just the list of places that are open, but @Jsanta26 could look at the menus on MDE :grinning:

1 Like

Thankyou! :heart::heart:

I’ll add the link to the first post.

2 Likes

this is great also – thanks!!!

1 Like

Has Disney announced, or has there been any speculation, on the end date of food and wine festival?

Yes thank you. Are the MDE me use up to date? I just don’t want to make a reservation if the one thing my DD6 picky eater will eat has been removed from the menu!

Menus… damn autocorrect!

the menus are up to date as of today but I expect they can change all the time. Right now they err toward restricted availability compared to non-COVID days, from what I’ve seen. They are probably a good baseline to plan from.

1 Like

If you get the WDW Wine&Dine app all the info is loaded in there

1 Like

Thanks. I have that!
I was actually looking for the normal restaurants. I know some menus are limited now so I wasn’t sure if they were updated on MDE.

I only realized today that there wasn’t already an end date! I searched and searched but everything says “fall 2020” which is useless. I had assumed it would be going for our late October trip but who knows!

2 Likes

I hadn’t noticed that either.

I wonder if that’s deliberate or an oversight? I have to think that for whatever reason they have deliberately left it open. Weird. :thinking:

I have to imagine it’s purposeful. They probably want the option of shutting it down if it’s not profitable or extending it until December if they can’t get any cultural reps back (which is obviously looking less likely).

Can you imagine, a 6 month festival? :roll_eyes:

But I think you’re right!

1 Like

The Epcot International Food and Garden Festival of the Arts.

3 Likes

Pre-covid it was lasting through the weekend of nov 7. Nov 8 was the food and wine half marathon, which they just cancelled this week. I’m still heading down despite the race cancellation and will be BUMMED if the festival is shortened!