Re-opening news for WDW

Agreed, WDW has enough worries at the moment without guests make all kinds of changes.

Although they have let DVC members make new reservations but that is a separate reservation system.

1 Like

They could not prevent DVC members making reservations.

1 Like

Yes, this is true, there are real estate contractual issues.

2 Likes

Theme Park Cast Members are being recalled to work starting June 28th

4 Likes

Gearing up for Park Reservations!

First post updated with news about linking tickets to MDE and the AP Calendar being updated.

Thanks to @cherokee_jacket for this thread:

This looks like a good sign that Park reservations might start soon, Disney is telling guests to be sure tickets are linked to MDE ASAP

2 Likes

And ADRs can be booked by phone for guests with reservations from June 22nd thru July 10th.

https://www.wdwmagic.com/other/walt-disney-company/news/16jun2020-disney-resort-hotel-guests-can-make-dining-reservations-later-this-week-for-arrivals-beginning-june-22.htm

See separate thread:

2 Likes

Encouraging signs!

1 Like

My MDE looks different today. My balance due amount number is removed as well as the “make a payment” option. Weird. It has been there this entire time and poof, gone today.

Congrats! You’re trip has been entirely paid for! :smiley:

Either that, or Disney is, once again, making updates to the system. Give it some time.

3 Likes

I just checked my MDE and same thing…

1 Like

My payment due disappeared back in May. Maybe they’re just assuming we’ll all cancel.

Mine doesn’t look any different, but I didn’t have a balance due, so maybe that’s why.

On the bright side, I had to call today to ask about a ticket that was mistakenly used on our last trip and there was zero hold time. And, even better, the ticket that was being held in a guest services file that I originally had to go to great services to use is now transferable to my MDE. The CM said they upgraded the system to do it because of the reservation system. So I don’t have to worry about that now!

1 Like

That’s my initial fear. They want people to stop making payments so they don’t have to be bothered with all the refunds in the future.

1 Like

Am hearing this morning that guests who were first unable to reserve at Jambo DVC, but then were able to last week (?), are now being told that they will be moved and Jambo DVC will NOT be opening 6/22

If true this is a major screw up. They had it locked down - why did it get opened, now creating another whole group of people whose reservations are going to need to be modified by GS?

File this under: oops.

1 Like

Is that related to the MLS thing maybe? Is that still happening?

1 Like

MLS will be in the Swan and Dolphin exclusively.

1 Like

I reserved Jambo house on May 23rd. (DVC)

they are moving all Jambo House reservations to Kidani village per Disneys update this morning.

oh…

ok… will I get an email?