RDing Space Mtn

Anyone have any experience or tips on Rope Dropping Space Mountain on an Extra Magic Hour morning? How long is the line right off the bat? Tips on where to wait before the drop to get there quickly and efficiently?

Wait as close to the bridge to Tomorrowland as they will allow you in the morning. Follow the CMs to the ride.

1 Like

If we are successfully at the front of the group, a 15 minute wait or would you say less?

It takes quite a while to hike to the loading area but I would say yes. Especially if they have both tracks running.

Also, you can usually get two rides in before it’s terribly covered up, especially on an EMH morning. DH and I RD’ed it every MK morning on our last trip. So many people head straight to 7DMT first thing.

1 Like

We regularly RD Space Mountain during Thanksgiving week when crowds are large and there is no wait, it just takes at least 5-10 minutes to walk fast through the long interior line inside the mountain plus a short wait to load. As others have said usually can get back to back rides before there is any true wait

1 Like

I would agree with what has been said here. People often rush to 7DMT and Fantasyland, that SM and the rest of the park is often abandoned to start with. So, if you RD, you should be able to walk right on, with the potential to walk right back on with a minimal wait as well. Though, it certainly will be determined by the crowd level of the park on the day you are there!

1 Like

There was a sizable group headed that way this morning.

Unfortunately the ride went down immediately or almost immediately and was not up for the entirety of EMH.

I would not get my heart set on it.

1 Like

good heads up lizzianne! Thank you! I guess no matter how we plan, you have to be ready for the unexpected, and not let it ruin the magic.

1 Like

Yep. I jumped out and did other things.

1 Like

When we were there for Christmas we had it as our second item, and found it was almost walk on.
We also loved it :sunglasses:

I questioned my TP with it saying I should RD Space Mountain, then do Buzz Lightyear before going to 7DMT where I should have only a 30 minute wait. But then Len and company posted this (just a couple weeks ago):

1 Like