RD worth it for FOP if no EMH?

Is it worth doing RD for FOP on an EMH morning if you are off site and don’t have EMH access? As in any advantage going over FOP standby line an hour after all the EMH’s or just watch the wait times and go later in the day (or lucky FP shows up!)? Thinking using the RD time for the other areas of AK if FOP line will already be 90-120min anyways once we get there. Only day we have is June 28th and needless to say FP+ are sold out already. Thanks.

I think you have a good question. When you think that EMH is everyday at AK I would look at wait times just before RD a few days before you go, say 6-26 and 6-27. This might give you a hint on what to expect.

According to the touring plans software, RDing FoP with early access will put you to the back of a 2 1/2 line on a CL6 day in June. Waiting until the mid afternoon drops the expected wait time to 1 1/2 hours. We are doing the latter. We are going to RD Kilimanjaro Safaris, hit Dinosaur for a short wait, then use FPs for EE, KRR, and NRJ. After a few shows, we are going to grab some Dole Whip floats and queue up for FoP.

1 Like

I’d get in line at closing.

1 Like

Yes but does that take in account that every day in June is EMH. If EMH is once a week people will wait for that day but if every day is EMH I thing less people would be there for that.

I wouldn’t.

Nah. I don’t think so. Many people (me!) don’t make plans based on the EMH schedule, so if I’m going to AK on Tuesday, I’m going on Tuesday. The EMH every day thing is now just a bonus for someone like me. I wouldn’t expect a huge shift in the crowd.

1 Like

EMH not for me to go out of my way for either but I will take advantage of them to get a jump on my day DIT and ITBB out of the way before 9am helps.

1 Like

Thanks for the replies. For now I’m planning on no FOP in the morning ( TP says 2 1/2 hr wait @ 9:15am and can get so much in if don’;t go over there late) and planning my FP+'s (tomorrow at 4:00am PST!) around that. Will watch the fallout of every day EMH and see if it’s not as big an issue closer to date and adjust. Looks like FOP after lunch is 90min or come back after afternoon break and dinner for 120min dusk line up.

I doubt there is enough data to answer that

1 Like

Plan on doing that, too. Really want to take two rides on it if possible.

1 Like