RD for FOP - need advice!

I’ll be solo at AK Sunday, March 25. Park opens 9 am, no EMH. If I get to the park at 7:30 (earlier if I need to), how long can I reasonably expect to wait for FOP without FP? My touring plan keeps telling me to wait until later in the day to ride, waiting over 140 minutes. If I manually move it to the 9 am open, it’s still telling me the wait is around 100 minutes. I’m in a quandry and don’t know what to do! Is the touring plan assuming I’ll be at park entrance at 9 am (not rope drop), and that’s why the long wait at opening?? Need advice please!

You will be off shortly after 9:00 at the latest.

If I manually move it to the 9 am open, it’s still telling me the wait is around 100 minutes. I’m in a quandry and don’t know what to do! Is the touring plan assuming I’ll be at park entrance at 9 am (not rope drop), and that’s why the long wait at opening??

Yes, I believe that’s exactly what’s happening. Get there 90 minutes before RD and as @PrincipalTinker says, you should be through the ride soon after park open, since you’ll have done the waiting before 9.

Thanks y’all! That’s definitely what I wanted to hear. I was wrong about open time though - it’s at 8 am - so if I still get there 90 minutes early I’m still good, right?

I think I read that Len said the software doesn’t know how to deal with the early entry CMs have allowed for FoP. So at 9am, yes the wait is long…but that is because they allow people to walk to FoP at 8:40 or whatever.

1 Like

90 minutes before 8 yes.

This video is super helpful. Though…you’re still waiting. Just not while the park is open. You’re just getting less sleep that day.

3 Likes

we are RD’ing NRJ, should we be there an hour early as well or will we be ok coming closer to opening time?

This is an EXCELLENT video. Thank you!!!

2 Likes

You’ll be ok coming later, maybe 30 mins pre RD.

I was about to post the same video! Great information. I love all of these videos of them testing rd at WDW. Informative and entertaining.

1 Like

I have also been loving the videos. Gives me such a better idea of what to expect and what things look like. I’m a visual learner :slight_smile: