RCID is one step closer to being dissolved

Fair enough, I’ve just posted another comment agreeing with that sentiment.

My point is simply that when one side tries to beat the other at its own game, it usually escalates the actions of the opposition. Something we’re seeing plenty of currently.

1 Like

While I don’t deny that I’m finding this discussion quite interesting, can we please cool the general political debate and keep the thread about RCID? You can take the wider discussion to La Cava if so desired.

7 Likes

I mean, what’s the correct response to extremism? Real question, not snark.

Blaming people for being concerned about the other side moving beyond basic policy disagreements to fairly extremist tendencies, and accusing them of also escalating…seems off.

1 Like

DeSantis is wrong. Chapek is wrong. It probably doesn’t matter as either RCID will survive or its demise will make no difference to the guest experience.

1 Like

Any position of “common ground” in between the poles is ethically, morally, and logically inconsistent.

If one’s animating principle is that life begins at conception, then the zygote/embryo/fetus is a natural person from that moment, with all rights thereto appertaining. Anyone party to ending that life is a party to homicide. The practitioner performing the abortion is committing premediated homicide. The woman carrying the fetus is suborning that homicide. Both the mother and the practitioner must be criminally charged accordingly. It’s incumbent on any lawmaker who hold this belief to take all actions to criminalize abortion.

If one doesn’t adhere to that principle, then abortion is a medical procedure, no more or no less, and can only be regulated to the degree necessary to make it safe and effective. To do otherwise runs afoul of the plain reading of multiple constitutional principles of self-determination, which have long been upheld even in more conservative times.

4 Likes

Anyone got anything they’d like to say about RCID? Once more, this thread is to talk about a specific situation pertaining to WDW. If you want to have a general political discussion, this is not the place.

We don’t like to lock threads but La Cava is the place for that, not the WDW forum.

10 Likes

That is a deeply problematic reading of what happened. “Obama worship” was projection. The worst I could say, having been a minor party functionary at the time, is that the kids in OFA had no grasp of the messy, grinding, disheartening nature of politics, and become ridiculously disappointed when President Obama couldn’t give them a pony in the middle of an economic catastrophe.

Occam’s razor cuts deeply here. There was a sufficient swath of the population that was offended (to put it mildly) and afraid of a black man as president. Oh I suppose there were some people who would’ve been offended just because he was a Democrat. I understand the plural of anecdote isn’t data, but I lost count of the emails, memes, et cetera who portrayed the president in “pimp” clothes, watermelons on the White House lawn, buckets of chicken, and other sadly tired false racialized tropes. Oh and how many times while canvassing I was informed enthusiastically that there was no way they would vote for “that n****r.”

3 Likes

I think it’s time to lock this one

5 Likes

The RCID discussion is over?

I summarised it superbly well.

1 Like

OK, I can rerail it, seeing as I’m partly guilty of derailing it.

It’s law at this point. All that’s left is the avalanche of lawsuits. Best case is a judge stays the law until some kind of ruling is issued. I wouldn’t bet on that.

1 Like

Sorry kids, this has gone far enough now.

5 Likes