Ratatouille added to Extended Evening Hours

Why is it you can never find the right thread when you need it?

Anyway, Ratatouille has been added to the list of rides open for Extended Evening Hours.

7 Likes

This is good news! Thank you!

This is good news…but…it does make me wonder why!

Why?.. I think it should have been included to begin w/ maybe ppl complained about it?

1 Like

Well, I agree. But what I mean is, Disney left it out for a reason…presumably because they wanted to be able to charge for the ILL, and offering it as part of Extended Evening hours might cut into that.

So, this move comes as a bit of surprise. I can theorize reasons why, such as they are finding not many people are paying for the ILL anyhow, so why not…or it could be they finally have enough staff to support running this ride later…but I’m left curious as to the actual reason.

1 Like

hmmm… on MK nights most rides have the option to pay to skip the line but they are open for ext deluxe hours… right? I thought they didn’t include Remy b/c of the number of ppl required to operate it, but you make a good point about money. Although, you can still wait in standby for Remy and that’s why I thought it was about staffing.

It doesn’t have boarding groups anymore?

1 Like

Yes you can grab a BG at 7 & 1 but there are LL$ and I thought they had stand-by too. but looking at the map I don’t see a wait time for Remy so I may be wrong. I know we had a BG and waited too long, IMHO, to board.

You got me all excited thinking we could just do standby.
The only problem with boarding groups is the park reservations and Epcot doesn’t seem like a good morning park since it opens later.

1 Like

I agree w/ this! And you still have to get up at 0700hrs to try and grab a Remy BG too :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Oh, this changes some of my plans- maybe. I am waiting until this Friday to see the dates for my week. Thanks @Nicky_S for posting!

1 Like

Remy doesn’t have standby, VQ or ILL only. I think that’s why they didn’t include it in EEH initially. The question is, what do they do if there are still BGs that haven’t been called? I guess they’ll just cut the BGs at official park closing and then just open up the line to standby.

I’m confused by what you say for MK. Only 2 rides have ILLs but you’re correct in that they’re both open for evening extended hours.

3 Likes

Maybe WDW wanted to make sure the ride operated smoothly during normal operating hours without extensive breakdowns before adding the ride to evening hours.

3 Likes

Might have been they couldn’t decide what to do about any uncalled BGs.

But I guess that if your BG hasn’t been called at official park closing time then you’re out of luck. And they’ll just open up the LL for standby.

2 Likes

Yes, why would they call your number when the park has closed to day guests?

2 Likes

Could be. That did occur to me. I haven’t been paying attention, though, to know if there has been a lot of downtime.

Well, poo. Those two hours are filling up fast! Remy, Frozen, and TT. Think it can be done? We were supposed to wander WS a little, too.

This is awesome! Thanks for posting.

That saves me having to buy a Remy LL on the day I am hoping to Epcot for late hours. But it does seriously make that time fill up fast. No complaints.

2 Likes

This news changed me from “meh, I am not missing much” about Epcot’s deluxe hours. To, “Ahhh, man! I wish we could do that.”

2 Likes