Has anyone ever created a touring plan focused on rain and ride closure likelihood? I am thinking of ignoring crowd levels and same day drops and trying to arrange outdoor rides in the AM and indoor rides/ shows in the afternoon, when storms are likelier. This would also, of course, help with heat, but might stink for wait times.
I am torn between trying to use my (planned, as I still have 2 weeks b/f FP day) FPs in the AM (including FOP with rider swap, which will take forever) to give myself the ability to get later SDFPs and planning for rain by trying to do outdoor rides in the morning. It feels like sacrilege to give up even the chance to get a SDFP to FOP, but I might.
Here’s what I have:
Ignoring likelihood of afternoon rain in mid-August:
planning for rain:
I don’t really need that 1st FP for the safari, but I am nervous we won’t actually make rope drop and that is some protection. Family is 2 senior citizens who walk slowly, 2 adults, and 2 kids in and out of a double stroller. Kid 1 is 7 and rides most things; Kid 2 is 3 and is short and scared of a lot. The Yak & Yeti isn’t an ADR, just a (planned) Landry’s card.
Also, last year we never made it to Dinoland at all due to rain all afternoon. I am concerned that could happen again-- any suggestions? I mean, we could rope drop triceratops spin, but the dance party isn’t until the afternoon and our day already seems to involve a lot of walking.
Thanks kind liners.