Rain in Orlando every day in July?

Is this pretty typical? Just looked at the 10 day forecast on weather.com (our trip is July 10-14) and it shows 50% chance of thunderstorms every day. I know that late pm rain is common in the summer–but does Orlando often have days that are total washouts?

50% means over that total radar area over the entire course of the day.

But yes, afternoon storms are not uncommon.

2 Likes

We’ve never had a full day washed out in either July or August. We have had heavy rain and storms, sometimes lasting into the evening. But we’ve never had a rainy morning.

2 Likes

While possible rain is typically predicted 365 days a year in Orlando, according to statistics, only about 114 have SOME kind of precipitation fall. That being said, MOST of it falls between June and October.

3 Likes

I lived in Orlando for a few years, and in the summer it typically rains everyday @ 3pm for @ 1 hour.
It’s so humid there in the summer that in the wee hours of the morning, you can spot heavy mists laying across the fields. As the day warms up, the fogs lift, and the clouds sponge it all up. @ 3pm, the clouds reach saturation and let it loose for an hour. After that, the sun comes back on and all is right with the world, and the continuation of your touring plan.
That pattern occurs most summer days, except when other weather & wind patterns end up breaking that cycle. However, those events can also include bringing in their own storm clouds.

3 Likes

This reminds me of one of my favorite stories of being at WDW as a kid. My family was on a bus at around 3:15 and it was storming. A fellow passenger asks the driver “Do you think it will rain for long?” and the bus driver’s reply was “First trip to WDW?”. He did also answer her question after the bus had a good chuckle.
My uncle also boasts that he could be a meteorologist in Central FL from June to October. “High 90 degrees, low 70 degrees, 50% chance of afternoon thunderstorm.”

All that to say, yes, very normal. And very unlikely to seriously derail your plans.

4 Likes