Raglan Rd...the show

The main reason we booked Raglan Rd. for December is because of the show aspect of it. I’m particularly fond of Riverdance, for example, so seeing some traditional Irish dancing is something I’m looking forward to.

My question is about “showtimes”. So, I booked a 5:00 pm reservation. My understanding is that they don’t even start doing shows until 5:00 pm, from what I’ve managed to glean from on-line. But is there a chance we might miss the show part of this? Or do they do it often enough that we won’t miss out?

2 Likes

In the past, they would do several different sets one after another with breaks in between. Once it starts, they are pretty continuous. You won’t miss it.

Ask to be seated in the stage part of the restaurant. It may take longer to be seated, though.

1 Like

Okay. That’s good to know. I didn’t realize there was seating where you couldn’t see the stage. Thanks!

1 Like

We had an early dinner res and they sat us at a high-top table in the bar with a perfect view of the stage. It was great.

1 Like

What day are you going? We’re planning on a Saturday and they have entertainment starting at noon-3:45pm as well.

Oh. I didn’t realize they had shows before 5 on Saturdays. We have a reservation for Saturday at 5:00 on December 10.

I didn’t realize you were going on a Saturday. Not that it changes much. There is an added time on weekends from noon to 3:45 pm and then the one from 5 to 10:30.

You can look at their lineup at SHOWTIMES — Raglan Road. The times don’t change, but the performers might.

1 Like

Originally we were thinking of doing Monday there for Lunch, but saw they didn’t do shows at lunch (at least on Monday…we kind of assumed every day). So we moved Raglan to Saturday evening, which is when we plan to do the Christmas Tree stroll as well.

2 Likes

Makes sense. We’ve only done the evening ones. However, in July for the liner meetup, we are going to do brunch on Saturday at 12. I’m looking forward to it!

2 Likes

I went pre COVID and the dancing was spectacular! Is the show still primarily dancing? I’m considering bringing DD and GS. I’d love some input from anyone who’s been to a Sat afternoon showtime recently.

Pretty much the same. A band and dancers. The lineup was different than I’ve seen before, though.

I enjoyed our Sunday brunch. I don’t know if the lineup is the same

If you enjoy Irish dancing and live anywhere near Ohio, then I can’t recommend the Dublin Irish Festival (with Columbus Feis) enough. It’s coming up Aug 6-8, and is one of the biggest Irish festivals and Irish dance competitions in the US. We send multiple groups down from Canada every year for it as well, there were around 100k attendees in pre-covid days.

2 Likes

My family and I will be there. It’s definitely a great time!

1 Like