Radiators Spring Racers stand-by line a must?

I’m planning to do RSR with single-rider line. But will I miss something if I don’t do stand-by at least once? I know that Indiana Jones and GotGMB have great stand-by lines that I want to visit. So my question is: is RSR stand-by a must-do?

2 Likes

I don’t recall anything particularly show stopping in the queue. I wouldn’t mind skipping the queue if I could.

2 Likes

Just back and did RSR three times single rider. Getting onto the ride in 10 minutes beats anything I’d have seen in the queue. We did the queue in 2018 and I don’t recall anything in particular.

4 Likes

Not that there is a thing you can do to make this happen, but DD and I did end up in the same car one time as there was a party of four grabbed from stand-by and they needed two to fill it.

2 Likes

The queue has cute little signs and trinkets, and there is a bottle-bottom room that is pretty cool (walls are made from the bottoms of bottles, casting interesting light and shadows), but you can see it from the Single Rider queue. Not worth waiting an hour+ for.

5 Likes

I would say after being stuck in this queue for 2hrs there is nothing worth seeing that you can’t see in the LL or single rider queue. If you can do the single rider line definitely do that. We just kept riding it as a walk on basically while there was still a long standby wait.

4 Likes

If the line wasn’t so long I’d pick the queue everytime :blush: Just something about it. :heart:

7 Likes

My daughter and I just rope dropped a couple weeks ago

7 Likes

It is very charming! I agree if it was just like 20-30 min I wouldn’t be so hesitant.

4 Likes

I mean RD is one way to do it - how we did it in 2018 with smaller kids.

But man I wish there were more SR lines.

3 Likes

Thank you all for your inputs. You’re AWESOME. Shout out to 93111tink for the lovely photos.

3 Likes

I’m a fan of queues! However, they’ve got to have an assortment of effects and a preshow to make it worthwhile for me to not skip.

I’ve got to feel really immersed, so I can forget about the switchbacks…

My favorite example of a queue “not to be missed” is Harry Potter & the Forbidden Journey. That queue is almost an experience on it own for die hard HP fans!!

Thanks @93111tink for the pics! I’ll be going through single rider on this one too!! It’s looks very nice, but not engaging enough to make an effort to see!!

4 Likes

You would miss nothing. It’s a nicely decorated - long - switchback queue, but it in no way adds to the story the way the others that you mentioned do.

2 Likes

FIFY That queue is almost unskippable to me. It’s like its own part of the ride and I LOVED that at UOR my litles who weren’t tall enough (or near ready enough for the darker thrills) of the ride could at least still see that amazingly executed artistry and storytelling.

The only other queues that come close are Rise of the Resistance and my personal DLR favorite, Indy. The queue for Indy really makes me feel like I’m in the story. I wish the ride always, always worked with it’s full effects to do the queue justice.

3 Likes

Oh yes, there was an original question that I was planning to chime in on!

Racers, we will wait up to 45 minutes but that’s our max. We may find ourselves doing it a little bit more as our youngest is now 40 inches and it’s one that everyone will gladly do together and because we are a family of 6, we fill a car perfectly. So it’s just fun. But nothing in that queue is a must-see. 45 minutes is just my whole family’s happy tolerance for a wait.

3 Likes