Qwerty needs help USO/IOA - 96% of a plan - and we are very excited!

In the post below, I included a link directly to where you can book the AP rate. It may or may not still be there, but give it a try.

2 Likes

Thank you.
I am hopeful to work on this later tonight.

2 Likes

I just took a peek and it looks like they do have discounts, but not the AP discount for May just yet. Like I said, book a room for now and then come back later to see if you can get the AP discount. Everything is refundable and easy to do online, IIRC. Right now AP rates go through February 18th.

I usually keep a bookmark with the dates I want with the URL set to look for the APH rates, and then i start checking about 4 months out.
The url for the first week of May is
https://res.windsurfercrs.com/ibe/index.aspx?hgID=705&hotelID=14843&langID=1&currID=1&dt1=8156&nights=4&rooms=1&adults=2&child1=1&promo=aph
You can adjust the URL for your specific wishes. I tend to keep the number or people in the room low when is search so I don’t remove viable options due to arbitrary reasons.

Keep in mind for Deluxe hotels, more than 2 adults in a room will incur a $45 charge for each extra adult. The other hotels have lower costs for extra adults.

3 Likes

Just running through here - haven’t gone back to do what I need to for other things yet -

but is this what you mean?

Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort (universalorlando.com)

And then I go back every other day or so and see if there is an icon/square that offers an AP rate?

1 Like

That link is cool! I hope it scores me a deal!

1 Like

this is qwerty and my name is messed up right now - hopefully I will get it fixed up…

anyway - does May 14-May 22 seem “late” for May? We have often gone the first week on May, but the leader of our homeschool association doesn’t have a confirmation yet for our graduation venue. It could end up being 5/6 or 5/13.

1 Like

:joy: Why don’t you get your techy teenage kids to fix it!

The parks generally get busier as you approach Memorial Day.

3 Likes

@ryan1 - I know you have stayed at Champions Gate before, as have I. But have you ever stayed there when visiting Universal? If so, can you comment on the commute?

Anyone else is of course welcome to help.

Thank you.

1 Like

Sounds good to me.

1 Like

Thankfully, Memorial Day is super late this year - the latest it can be, I believe.

I’d rather go for Mothers Day… but

1 Like

I didn’t read all the previous responses, but if you book certain hotels you get the express pass for free. That is what we did, b/c we were Thanksgiving week, and it was wonderful. We stayed at Portofino. I highly regret that we didn’t’ have time to really enjoy the pools, as they looked lovely. It’s my understanding that you can pool hop at UOR, unlike Disney, so if you’re staying in one resort you have access to any of the resort pools–but, this was pre pandemic and I don’t know if it’s still true.

2 Likes

oh thank you - that is good to know.
I am hopeful we can do a night or two at Cabana Bay… but not sure.

1 Like

Commute is annoying. We just did it in May for our UOR trip. It generally was 45+ minutes, on average. Some days a little faster, others were more like 55 minutes.

I really suggest looking for something closer if you can…although you won’t save as much doing so.

Thank you.
I reached out to some homes in Storey Lake (I think that was the name - my screens are closed now).

I did like a lot about Champions Gate, but it is a longer drive.

Have you ever stayed in Windsor Hills and done Uni? That seems like a hefty commute too?

1 Like

Yep, you can still pool hop!

2 Likes
2 Likes

Yes. Windsor can still be a hike. A tad better than CG. Trouble is, most of the homes for rent tend to be on the WDW end, and few options out closer to UOR.

2 Likes

IIRC it’s based on the rental laws in the two counties. Boo for us. :wink:

We did a 3 bedroom, 3 full bath condo at Worldquest. 20 minutes from UOR.