Quiet place at the Poly?

DW will have to take a virtual meeting on the day we check in at the Poly.
Since our room won’t be ready in time, is there a quiet place she could sequester herself and her laptop?

Pretty much any of the longhouse lobbies are quiet, especially on the upper levels. There are like gathering spaces and outlets and couches/chairs and I could see them being a very quiet, comfortable, and climate controlled environment for some work time.

3 Likes

Sounds perfect, thanks!

1 Like

To add to @OBNurseNH 's excellent suggestion if you want to sit outside… we sat outside last Friday at the Oasis pool bar waiting for our room. We were there alone for most of it and it was very quiet too. Plus a bar… w/ snacks ;). All the floors in Moorea had lounge/sitting areas near the elevators (as described by OBNurse).

2 Likes

Is that in every longhouse? I have only stayed in Hawaii and Aotearoa (3rd floor always) and although Hawaii has had areas due to the lounge I never saw any areas in Aotearoa.

Probably not every one. But many of them.

I know for certain there is not one in Fiji, which is a smaller longhouse, but there is definitely one in Tokelau, Moorea., It looks like from building schematics there may be one in Pago Pago, Rarotonga, and Samoa. It looks like the Hawaii space is taken up by Club Level.

1 Like

OK thanks, good to know there’s some options.
Bar with snacks sounds good to me… saves me running them over to her lol

1 Like

Third floor Moorea by elevators

Ground floor by elevators in Moorea has sofa and these chairs as well

3 Likes

and Oasis Pool area is close to Cook’s and Doles whips as well :wink:

2 Likes

that’s good to know.
I was planning on mobile ordering Cooks while she gets settled in. Then DD6 will probably want to check out the pool

1 Like

meatballs and wings

:drooling_face:

and on the second round, nachos

1 Like

I’ve had my room ready, at the Poly, by 10 am twice now. I put in an 8 am arrival and started receiving texts at 0730hrs. My own guess, if I put in an earlier arrival they start thinking sooner than later about getting me into a room.

They do seem to track your location via MDE or magic band though. Not sure if that’s true but room ready texts seem to start flowing for folks upon arrival at MCO

3 Likes

If you can’t find a quiet place at the Poly, take the monorail to the Contemporary, and you’ll find lots of empty meeting spaces near the California Grill check in area.

2 Likes

Yeah but we’re renting points at the Villas. I understand those aren’t ready until much later.

Precisely what I was thinking

By policy, yes (4pm is check-in). By practice, not necessarily.

My room at Poly was ready at 11:45 earlier this month; I had put an estimated arrival time of 9am. I was on a split stay and wanted a room as early as possible - though I did list that as my lowest priority over room location, etc

1 Like

Did you put that estimated arrival time on your TP room request or communicate it to Poly some other way?

TP room request and when I did online check-in

1 Like

Thanks!

This is the first session of a competitive management program DW was selected for, so she’s a little nervous about making a good impression. (And yes, I’m bragging)

4 Likes