Quick Survey - Restaurant Information

Please take this quick survey about which information on a new restaurant is important to you.

Imagine you’re trying to decide whether to try a new restaurant at Walt Disney World. What’s the first thing you want to know? What’s the second thing you want to know?

We’ll use this information to design the new Lines 2.0 restaurant screen, with the most important information closer to the top of the screen.

Comments and suggestions are welcome below.

2 Likes

@len, I can’t access the form. Can you change permissions?

Same, says need permission.

Sorry - try it now. Thanks!

Done!

I completed it but what I think I would want to know first/most wasn’t on the list. I think the first thing I want to know about WDW restaurants is the theme of the restaurant.

3 Likes

Agree. Theme is very important. Also characters, (if any) and location.

3 Likes

Done @Len, but agree with the others. Theme and which characters appear are as important as the menu and price to me.

1 Like

Done, thanks for asking for the input

Done! Thanks for asking.

Done!

With menus I would include allergy menus.

I would also like user ratings/reviews to allow them to check off any allergies so that is searchable (example: if you had someone in your party who was allergic to peanuts and gluten-free, they could check those boxes and then anyone could search reviews with those conditions).

I know I am not the usual liner using TP for dining but I would prefer a warning if a restaurant is in the lowest 50% of restaurants than any other “user rating”. I just think that information is valuable to first time users that might think a restaurant “looks good”.

2 Likes

Allergy information is important to me as well…however, this might be difficult to keep up to date. Even Disney doesn’t do a great job of keeping this information up to date on their website. Often times, it will just say to call ahead. On the other hand, I can’t stand the way Disney DOES provide allergen information…rather than tell us what each item may contain, they list items that are “safe for those with allergies to peanuts” for example. No place in the US does it that way (that I’ve seen) except Disney, which is backwards of how I want it. I want to see each item, with a list of allergens. When dealing with multiple allergies, I have to cross-check multiple lists with Disney’s method. :confused:

Anyhow, while this information I definitely WANT (due to the numerous food allergies we’ve had to face), I’m just not sure how useful/reliable it would be.

2 Likes

These are good points.

We’ll have allergy menus as part of the menu information.

We’ll also have theme and cuisine, at the top of the screen.

2 Likes

I get the menus might change - they do even for non-allergy things. But especially with reviews you can get an idea of how allergy/friendly a place is, which is especially important for the non-Disney owned places.

Results so far, in order of importance:

1. Menus
  2. Prices
  3. Ratings
  4. Hours
  5. DDP
  6. Discounts
2 Likes

It wasn’t a choice but my first consideration is it TS or QS. That can match well with price but often time allotted and planning (ADR) can be a factor.

1 Like

Or ADR needed? I would love a tool that actually noted those QS meals that you should have an ADR for. My dream list also includes details about the DP credits when they vary in the same restaurant (BoG and Morimoto).

2 Likes

Or how they can be applied to group orders in places like Via Napoli.

1 Like