Quick Service outside theme parks

Hi,
I am exploring dining options for our stay in late Sept - Oct. After reading a lot, it seems that eating a meal at one of the WDW Resorts is a good option rather than inside the parks. Would anyone have some advice on this? What are the issues associated with leaving the parks and eating elsewhere on property? I am wondering whether I would get a better meal by doing this, and a break away from park crowds and chaos :slight_smile: . We are trying to save money on food as much as possible, while still enjoying ourselves of course :slight_smile: And hoping not to have to make ADR. We are looking at Quick Service meals.

Are you looking to dine off Disney property or just not eat in the parks?
There are a decent amount of quick service restaurants in the Monorail resorts that are just a quick ride away from the Magic Kingdom. It’s nice to take a break and eat and wander the resorts.
If you have a car, there are so many options in the area to dine. But you need to factor in the time it takes to leave the parks, get to the car and then get to a restaurant.

Hi, not going off Disney property, just opting to go to quick service restaurants that are hopefully not too far away from the theme parks, and hopefully easy to get to and from. :slight_smile: We will have no car, so will be relying on the Disney Transport system.
I have just come to the conclusion that although I love all of the planning etc, I really don’t want to complicate my life anymore by adding specific ADR’s. :slight_smile: My family are not overly food orientated, and are happy with standard meals etc… though I would like to enjoy the food offered and I absolutely need to incorporate somewhat healthy eating into it all. Therefore, I am doing my research on all the places to eat and hope to find something that suits our needs so that I can enter it into my touring plan.

I often do this at the MK. I will hop onto the resort monorail, go to the Poly- grab something at Captain Cook’s (we usually share nachos) and then get a dole whip! I enjoy CS at EP, I could be tempted to hop a bus to AKL from AK. At HS I would boat to BW and stop at the bakery.

1 Like

We left the park on our Epcot day and went to AKL to eat at the Mara. It was really fun as we got to check out the animals and walk around the beautiful resort after a delicious meal. We had used our 3 FPP mid-morning and made a 4th FPP (for late afternoon) before exiting the park around 1 pm for lunch. It worked out really well. :smile:

2 Likes