Quick New Job Trip Report!

We rode Figment (10 min), Living with the Land and Nemo (both walkons). It’s about to storm a bit, so hopping in line for Spaceship Earth now. The wind does feel amazing though!

13 Likes

Avoided the short rain storm after a 10 min wait for Spaceship Earth. However a big band of storms is about to roll through. We went into Mouse Gear and I got my silly purchase of the trip. I don’t have pez dispensers but it’ll make a good desk organizer or bookshelf decoration.

The bottom looks like it’s going to fall out of the sky soon, so we started looping around WS towards IG. In line at Karamell-Küche for my caramel popcorn. We will probably head out to avoid the rain and may mobile order from somewhere in BC/YC on the way back to the room. If we return or not will depend on the weather!

8 Likes

Back at the hotel just as the drizzling started. Cant quite tell how long it’ll last, so not sure yet if it’s officially the end of Epcot for the day or not, but enjoying putting my feet up in the meantime regardless!

4 Likes

Late dinner tonight post Epcot at Picabu, the Dolphin quick service which was probably the longest line we waited in all day. Nothing special but we wanted food close.

Going to call it a night after this and just hang out in the room and relax.

Weather tomorrow still doesn’t look great, so not sure what our morning at DS will look like exactly, but we’ve got brunch reservations for Boathouse. Then I’ll have to hit the road shortly after to get home at a decent hour :weary:

5 Likes

Some final thoughts for today:

• Didn’t notice anything troubling from the new policy allowing massless photos. People were still very considerate and I didn’t see anyone taking advantage in a negative way.
  • Man, the heat had me beat today. We did everything we wanted to, but there would have been some additional treats I would have liked to try. I just couldn’t quite get excited about some dishes in the heat though. Even drinking my last beer seemed like a challenge!
  • Once the storms came in, the temp dropped about 20 degrees, and between that and the 20+ mph wind gusts…it felt awesome out :joy:. I’m not actually positive it ever really rained hard, and if DF had been more game to poncho up and carry on, it may have been a good chance to try more stuff at a nice temperature!
  • My Powerline shirt was a big hit and got lots of comments, which was a lot of fun. It’ll go into the permanent park rotation for sure.
  • This was my 6th trip in just over two years, which has been a blessing. I’m, shockingly, a major planner and I also always felt like I had to “beat” Disney by maximizing every second of my time. And those were great trips. But coming more often has allowed a different kind of trip where the idea of leaving the park a couple hours before closing, or sitting and enjoying a beer for 45 min, doesn’t give me hives like it would have in the past.
  • Epcot, even on a Saturday, was very doable crowd-wise. We never waited more than 15 minutes for anything although Test Track wasn’t even something I looked into trying to ride. Is it just me that finds it boring and overrated? Crowds in the pathways sometimes had bottlenecks, but mostly you had room to keep to yourself. And tables were almost always readily available when we had food/drink in hand. We also didn’t stay late, but didn’t see anyone sloppy on the alcohol side of things today. Plenty of people drinking around the world and bachelor/bachelorette parties, but no one that impacted the enjoyment of the day whatsoever.

Think that’s about it for tonight!

12 Likes

Totally and completely skippable for me

2 Likes

100% agree. Ooh, a car that goes 65. How exciting to relive my daily commute. Went on it because the kids wanted to do it, but would have rather had an extra 50 min in WS.

6 Likes

Totally agree. Heads up though: any WDW veterans who go to DLR need to give Radiator Springs Racers a try. Despite having the same basic ride system, it is 1000% more fun and interesting. Even the thrills seem more earned. I honestly never cared much for the movie Cars but now it has all sorts of nostalgia for me because of the land and the ride, instead of the other way around.

11 Likes

TT is meh but my DS loves it so we ride a lot - him more than me, I send him single rider.

2 Likes

Oh I’ve seen some video of Radiator Springs Racers and that would absolutely be something worth doing. I even liked it a little more when it was the crash dummy theme because the first 3/4 of the ride made sense.

2 Likes

yes!!! Radiator Springs is fantastic - makes me smile the whole time!!

1 Like

Great trip, best wishes as you start your new job!

1 Like

Cars are packed up and we are heading to DS. Boathouse reservations at 10:45, so gonna check out the Gideon’s line first thing and maybe pop into World of Disney depending on timing!

2 Likes

Arrived to DS around 9:45 and went through temp and security. Gideon’s had just closed the physical queue (90 minutes) and went virtual which works MUCH better for us. Walked over to World of Disney just before 10 and browsed a bit. I was on the lookout for a monorail mug that was posted about on IG at Downtown Disney, but no luck at WDW.

Headed over to Boathouse, and we were able to check in about 25 min early for brunch.

2 Likes

Got our food and our text about Gideon’s at the same time. Sent a text back to see if we can come once we finish, so we will see.

But the food looks so good this morning!

6 Likes

Alright virtual queue update. Original estimate was 90 minutes but we got the text after 55 min. I texted back that we were still at brunch. Didn’t get a response, but when we finished and checked in almost 30 min later we were all good to join. Physical part of the line is pretty short at the moment, so should be in and out.

4 Likes

Yep, less than 10 minutes to get in and get cookies. The timing for the virtual queue worked out so well for both our visits, so that was nice. Today’s visit was to pick up a couple different varieties to share with friends back home.

We managed to avoid the rain again, although it looks like it’s gonna start any second. And with that, it’s time to hop in the car and start the drive back to Charleston. Should get home at a totally reasonable time which is nice and can get prepped for the new job to start tomorrow! This was a great, quick visit and hopefully I’ll be able to return again this fall for Food and Wine and the 50th!

Thanks for following along!

11 Likes

Why would you get cookies if they have “too much chocolate” (your words, definitely not mine!)? :upside_down_face:

Good luck at the new job!

2 Likes

Hahaha the original chocolate chip were not my favorite, but the cookies and cream were insanely good. But my friends will likely be more accepting of the unfortunate overload of chocolate chips than I am. :laughing:

3 Likes

Gross.

I hate Oreos.

I know, I know.

1 Like