Questions. So many questions . .

Well, 100 miles is probably on the upper end of things. Most people don’t drive near that far to work. However, I do drive about 20 miles to work every day. But it is true. We are used to things being very spread out.

Yes I wasn’t suggesting everyone does! But that even one person does blows my mind.

I used to wonder when I was a kid why people would say in American books and tv etc that they’ve never seen the ocean - I don’t think anywhere in the UK is further than 40 miles from a coastline!

1 Like

And it translates to everything My first job when landing at MCO is to choose a rental car. …I am faced with rows of monsters.
We joke (that is funny haha​:wink:) that the world’s three great units of measurement are the mile, the kilometre, and the size of Wales. Wales is almost the same size as Israel, Iraq is 21 times bigger, and the United States is 463 times as large. We have a population of only 3 million and our Capital City has a population of just 330,000. I am not even the starter to your main course ( no French here today!:wink:). I am maybe a lentil?:fearful:

2 Likes

@ryan1 And I think @missoverexcited is a northerner! Just ask the BBC what they think!:joy:

This reminds me of The Lord of the Rings, for some reason.

We start out in the Shire, where everything is small, compact, close-knit, easy-going, etc. But when Frodo and his friends set out, they find a world that is immense in comparison. But at the End of All Things, what do Frodo and Sam think about? The Shire.

2 Likes

Are you suggesting that I am a hobbit?:joy: Have you noticed that on Game of Thrones all the baddies are Welsh?

1 Like

I thought everyone in the UK was a hobbit! :wink:

I’ve never seen it, so I suppose the answer is: No. No I haven’t.

1 Like

Oh the responses I could make. …but I will be good…for now. :wink: You probably shouldn’t mention UK today. It is a bit of a sensitive subject :fearful:

Well, I mean, I could be mistaken, but I thought Tolkien was writing a story about himself and “his people” when he wrote about the Shire! :wink:

Ah. Sorry. How about I call it “That land north of France surrounded by water?” Kind of a mouthful, though

1 Like

Don’t mention France!

1 Like

Hmm. Okay. Well, how about I just stick this foot of mine here in this big orifice in my face? That might be better for everyone.

1 Like

The land of political quagmire. …about sums us up today.:triumph:

1 Like

Unlike the United States, of course! :wink:

2 Likes

Shall we blame the French?:joy:

1 Like

Oh, sure. I can’t mention France, but you can bring up the French?

1 Like

I want to respond ‘touché’…but I can’t! :speak_no_evil:

2 Likes

@profmatt I saw you typing and was waiting with anticipation :wink:. Are you lurking?

1 Like

I think this might be a sign you have too much time on your hands. And, I suppose that now that I’m typing this, you are seeing the icon indicating I’m typing something. If that means you’re sitting there waiting in anticipation to see what I have to say, then I will have to say this: That’s just sad. It could be an addiction. You might need to start going to “Disney Forums Anonymous” and seek out treatment. Because, seriously, we aren’t all that interesting in real life. It’s all an illusion.

Okay. I’m done. But I’m going to keep typing just to increase your anticipation and waste even more of your time when you should be doing something useful. Like planning a Disney trip!

2 Likes

:joy::joy:

The joys of retirement. Actually, I have had quite a productive morning , but I am glued to screens waiting to hear, which, if any Cabinet ministers have the gumption to resign.