Questions. So many questions . .

sons of bitches. how much will you save net of the change fee? Is it worth it?

Well, that’s where it becomes complicated!

I know. so subjective. In our experience having the dining plan is worth it, particularly if it’s part of a package when booking. You’re going to eat, which is going to cost money. Might as well kill two birds as they say.
The question is how do you want to spend your time?

For the DP, what I’ve done is looked at adrs we want. Entrees, drinks, desserts calculated. Tax & tip (Your fave). I add it up.

Then I compare to the dining plan. We always come out way ahead of the plan.

That said, we always have breakfast in the rooms, we like a light breakfast anyways. Also I’m a vegetarian, Ddil is mostly vegetarian. Only meat eater is Ds. So that means our entree choices a lot less in total than most fams.

But I will say that having breakfast in room not only saves $$, saves time and hassle for making RDs, EMH mornings, early to the bus, yay.

And don’t forget, when you order the most expensive entree b/c DDP, you’ll need to tip accordingly & also be taxed accordingly on final tab. Just thought I’d mention, I know it’s a tricky topic haha.

Just back from ASMo, refurbed room was great. Never got a shared bus the entire week. Food at food court was bad but that is my only complaint. If you have questions don’t hesitate ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Tax is included in DDP you just pay tip.

We did DDP for two adults in October and saved money over what our chosen food would have cost us out of pocket. We are adventurous eaters and would not be happy with burgers and chicken strips, we like beef filet, seafood, international cuisine, etc.

One tip: the server will bring you a receipt at the end of your meal. If you tip cash, you can leave it and go. If you want to tip and charge it to your band, you have to stay and wait for a second receipt to sign and this causes a delay. Tip in cash to expedite. And get your dessert to go! We often ate our dessert as we walked on to the next attraction or waited in line.

Lastly, do you regularly use public transportation in London? That is much more dangerous than an evening at Disney Springs. Go! Relax! Have fun!

2 Likes

@profmatt doesn’t live in London so I doubt he uses public transport there very much! But you make a good point. I used to work with 2 people who were scared of going to London and especially of using the tube but we went for work regularly and it was always very stressful for me as much as them! And yet we have had terror attacks in Manchester too.

…but everyone in the U.K. lives in London! :wink:

3 Likes

I know, my mistake!

2 Likes

Wait…are you saying that’s not true? Next you’ll be saying that not everyone in America lives in NYC or LA? Crazy talk!

3 Likes

:joy::joy:

Well, that’s not technically true. Everyone lives in either NYC, LA, or a suburb of those…OR they live on a farm. We have to get our food from somewhere!

3 Likes

Mexico and S. America?

Mexico? Everyone lives in Mexico City, of course! And S. America? Rio. I know because I saw the ENTIRE WORLD go there for the Olympics.

The UK is not a large country, geographically speaking. I would ASSume that many UK residents, particularly those who enjoy frequent international travel, would often find themselves in London. And those frequently in London may frequently use public transport.

I enjoyed a trip to the UK, and while I spent most of my time in Loughton & Maidenhead I did ride the Tube in London proper. I was just trying to make the point that one is vulnerable to crime anywhere, and avoiding an area of Disney for fear of a mass shooting is an overreaction.

Meanwhile… :roll_eyes:

You’d be wrong. It’s all relative, you don’t think it’s a long way because compared to the US it’s not. But we do. I’m 44 and have been to London twice in my life that wasn’t for work, and less than 10 times for work. And while I do use public transport to get to my office, I wouldn’t say I have used it frequently, having spent less than 2 weeks there in total.

I understood your point. I said it was a good point. But feel free to be snarky about it. Oh wait, you already were.

I think that you are suffering from sense of humour failure here, or maybe you just don’t ‘get’ British humour? I am from Wales…people from overseas often don’t know that Wales is a nation, within the British Isles. Most people hear me speak, and despite my rather fabulous Welsh lilt, assume that I am English and then ask whether I know Mr XYZ etc from London. @missoverexcited is from a beautiful City quite far from London, so she, I am sure will have encountered the same issue. However, because London is the capital of England (Wales has its own Capital and Senedd), some people assume that all British people hail from there. For this reason, @missoverexcited and I indulged in a little bit of ‘Brit’ banter.
Meanwhile, you are correct about the knife crime in the UK. It is a real problem, in London and other inner cities. It tends to be drug and gang related and unfortunately young, predominantly black people are being killed. Luckily we have strict gun laws!
Is Disney Springs safe? God Willing. Sometimes I think whether or not one encounters a terrorist attack, or random psychopath is just down to chance and bad luck; a case of wrong time, wrong place. I moan about delays, but thank God for security checks!
Back to the disaster that is Brexit now…what happens when Patriotism, becomes Nationalism and goes too far. :wink:

3 Likes

I remember a comment from a writer friend I knew from the UK years ago, in regards to something he noticed about the U.S. He said, “Here we put an entire city in the space you put a single parking lot!”

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

Haha! Your sense of distance over there is very different to ours. I’ve seen people say they drive 100 miles to work every day. If my mum lived 100 miles away I’d probably see her twice a year.

1 Like