Questions for those who've done WAT

But smart doctors know to listen to nurses.

4 Likes

We went in August, 10 am. We did not have a separate lunch - the food was very filling. We toured the park right afterwards.

2 Likes

I pretty much agree with what others have said. I’m considerably overweight and not terribly active and had no problems - but I did it in late November; not sure I would have survived had I done it mid summer.

I would call the food a “light meal”; I certainly wasn’t hungry enough to eat right away, but by. About 2:00 I was ready for a light lunch (I had a salad at Y&Y). The jungle juice was awesome. I was the last person at my table and I filled my water bottle with it; i then stopped at the Dawa and ordered a shot of rum to add to it…

6 Likes

#winning

2 Likes

Thanks again everyone for the great info. I did my ADRs this morning and then called to book our tours. I was all set on the 8 am WAT until I found out the afternoon tours are $50 cheaper per person. Thoughts on whether it is worth that much of a price difference to be in the morning? Don’t want to save the money only to be miserable. Also don’t want to pay $250 more for the same experience if I don’t need to. Wondering if the animal viewing will be significantly better in the am. Sounds like several of you have done and survived :slight_smile: the afternoon WAT so it is tempting to save the money…

1 Like

That is the very reason why we did it in the afternoon (and it was July so quite hot and humid). Four 4 people it was a huge savings for us. We weren’t miserable (hot and sweaty sure, but manageable).

1 Like

You’re in shaded areas and under cover quite a bit.

Not sure how active the animals would be.

1 Like

I did the 2.30pm tour in June. It was fine. I was delighted by the cheaper price.

3 Likes

Animals all over the place.

Note the blousing effect caused by high winds to which I referred in another thread. @davej knows what I’m talking about.

5 Likes

I did 11:45am both times I did it and the animals were plenty active (once in May and once in December). The better trek was the one in the rain as we had tons of animals running, the lions moving around - jumping from rocks and roaring, and the cheetahs on the move, which I never see. I don’t remember being in a lot of sunlight except when on the bridges which is a very short portion of the trek.

1 Like

You all have been incredibly helpful, thank you!

2 Likes