Questions for potential new buyer

I’m with the ladies on that.

3 Likes

I’m by no means an expert. Very DVC novice. But I was looking at buying for the first time about a year ago, so I relate a bit. I was pretty intent on just getting resale points at a WDW resort and bid on a few unsuccessfully. The more I thought about it and looked for the right deal, I realized it would bug me personally to have any restrictions or limitations on my benefits as a resale buyer. And the incentives DVC ended up offering at the time, relative to the resale price for the resort where i bought (VGF) were actually really competitive. I think I ended up around $168/pp. And I based on past history, I expect the price per point to hold or increase, if/when I choose to sell. I ended up buying 200 points instead of the lower point I started with because the incentives increased at that point, and that was attractive to me. I did divide it into two contracts. thinking of how that would increase my resale value in the future.

Anyway, people have a lot of views here, and YMMV. Just my 2 cents. I have loved using my points so far, though I definitely find booking so far in advance and the lack of availability a challenge for my travel style!

5 Likes

That’s a really good price for direct!

3 Likes

Thanks for your thoughts! It is all really overwhelming, so it is nice to have so many people who can help me sort through it all.

3 Likes

I would check those new buyer incentives. It appears as if the 200 point incentives might be a pretty good package? Can you also get a member referral?

4 Likes

This is how you travel more!

2 Likes

I regret not jumping on this when they dropped that low - that is a great deal! And I think you are right about that resale holding its value. So smart of you to split those contracts.

4 Likes

Oh, she has one! :rofl: Or three! We made her do a tour at DLH and meet with a guide there.

5 Likes

The official linked referral with the bonus right?

2 Likes

Yes, I believe so. She was given pricing that included the referral bonus.

4 Likes

Not sure.

She hasn’t emailed me yet, so I sent her an email this morning for more details.

2 Likes

Oh, really? I got an email from her! That’s odd. Maybe she got your email wrong.

3 Likes

It was in the charts she was showing you. It’s not much, I think $500?

2 Likes

Everyone should check “my referrals” in their email accounts to make sure the referral is showing. If not, share the link!

2 Likes

My handwriting is awful.

2 Likes

Really? But you’re not a banker?

2 Likes

Nope but I write like one!

2 Likes

I think the way to look at it is paying extra for a better chance to get DLR with your points AND having the option to use them at other resorts as well. Plus you get the added benefit of blue card perks. That’s worth something. So is the difference of those direct points worth it to you. Just spread out over the next 15 years- is the difference each year- year after year- giving you the value and peace of mind for the money.
That the question.

2 Likes

And I write nothing like a doctor :joy:

1 Like