Questions about online check-in and Pop kings

#1. Normally you can cancel a room-only reservation 5 or more days ahead and get a full refund of your deposit. If you start online resort check-in far in advance, say two weeks, does that affect your ability to cancel and get a refund?

#2. Pop Century has a relatively small number of king-bed rooms while the rest are the 2-queen rooms (regular bed and murphy). I’ve booked a standard room and need the 2 separate beds. Can I assume I’m getting a 2Q room if I don’t request a king? Is there any chance I’ll be assigned a king?

Thank you, you Disney know-it-alls!

1 Like

I’ve been randomly assigned a King bed as a solo traveler, but I wouldn’t think they would do that with 2 adults in the room.

3 Likes

No

King is bookable so you shouldn’t get one but if you do just stop at the desk and ask to be changed back
To what you paid for

4 Likes
  1. You can check in, and still cancel with no problem. A cancel will cancel everything. You can even get MBs at a discount, and then cancel the room and not pay that discount back.

2. You shouldn’t. If you do, you can go back and ask, or put in a request for separate beds.

2 Likes

Interesting because it wasn’t a choice for me and I’m in Pop. I actually requested a King as that’s what DH and I sleep in at home and he’s 6’5" so it’s most comfortable for us.

These are the choices and none of 'em are specific to King:

but when you do online check in you can request:

3 Likes

When we got two connecting rooms (which we didn’t explicitly request), they gave us one room with a King connected to a room with two queens. I do wonder if that is the norm…King rooms are connecting rooms in order to make them kind of like a suite.

2 Likes