Questions about booking ADR's - Please help!

Tomorrow, my 60-day window opens up for ADR’s. I am nervous, because I am checking 60 days out from tonight, and I am seeing very limited availability. Do I need a park reservation before I can book an ADR in a park? Also, have any of you with upcoming trips (late April, early May) had trouble getting the ADR’s you wanted?

When I booked my ADRs for the second week of April, I started with the harder to get ADRs as far out in my trip as possible. I was able to book a table for 7, on my ADR day, close to the times that I wanted at Chef Mickey’s, Be Our Guest, Whispering Canyon Cafe, Biergarten, Hollywood and Vine, Beaches and Cream. I was able to book a table for 4 at Garden Grill. By calling the number for dining, I was able to book a table for 3 and a table for 4 at Grand Floridian Cafe, The Plaza, Rose and Crown, Yak and Yeti, and Trattoria al Forno (for breakfast). The recording gives you an option of what number to press if you are not able to book due to party size. I could have booked CRT, but didn’t want to decide at that moment.

3 Likes

Hello! I’ve been looking as well as my window opens tomorrow too! (Though I have a split stay so I have a window opening tomorrow and again on Wednesday! Where are you staying?)

I checked this morning at 6:10 and actually saw less availability than I did this evening. I posed a similar question on here last week and heard from a few folks that the ADR process has been a bit glitchy. One recommended going to the specific restaurant page and then searching times from there. She had found better success that way. All of them said to use specific times instead of just the “dinner” or “lunch” options.

And then, when in doubt, use the res finder! Good luck!!

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Ugh! I have never had trouble booking ADR’s in the past. :anguished: Good luck!

1 Like

Wow, I just rechecked using specific times instead of “Dinner” and got some very different results. Thanks!

3 Likes

There were times when I put in a specific time and got No times available. When I clicked again, I got times. Sometimes nothing showed up for a specific restaurant, but if I clicked on that specific place, I sometimes saw availability. When the system said it couldn’t search at that time, if I clicked on a restaurant, I got availability. It was the most demented search for ADRs I have experienced.
I have cancelled that trip and will be booking ADRs for mid May, so I guess I got some good practice.
Don’t believe what the screen tells you, keep clicking.

3 Likes

As illini74 stated, the secret is to book the hardest to get the farthest out on your vacation right away.

2 Likes

No, you do not. You don’t even need to have an active ticket to book that ADR. You do ultimately need to be able to enter that park to eat there, either by APR as your first park of the day or as a park you hop to (with PH tickets).

2 Likes

I noticed when booking my ADR’s that the last reservation times are at park close (which is still early for May). Do the restaurants stay open after the early park closings, and has anyone felt rushed by the servers with a later dining reservation?

Back in October, I had a reservation right at close at Be Our Guest. Not only were we not rushed, but there were people who were just coming in for their reservations when we were leaving. It’s a wonderful way to see the park practically empty at night.

2 Likes

You don’t need it to book the ADR, but you need to have a park reservation in order to GET to the ADR. No “But I have an ADR” if a park closes out to park reservations before you make them.

1 Like

Yes. had that happen many times. Do search a specific time. I have searched for 6pm and gotten nothing then immediately searched again for 7pm and had a 6pm ADR pop up. So keep trying. Another thing i have found if you search for 1 there may be nothing but for 2 there is plenty. Many ADRs of mine last week were for 2 but it was only me. So if you are searching for 3 also try for 4, 5 try for 6. There is no problem if you show up with one less. If you do mobile check in just check in for the number there.

2 Likes