Question about using "My Day" feature on Genie and Genie+

I have been reading about Genie+ and one of the big complaints seems to be that Genie+ has people criss-crossing the parks for LL’s.

I had read on Disney Tourist Blog that if you put your most wanted attraction into My Day in the Genie app, it will show you LL’s for that attraction at the top (If this is wrong, please correct me).
My family and I like to break MK into two days and do Fantasy Land/Tomorrow Land one day and Frontier Land/Adventure Land the second day. To avoid LL’s that criss cross the park, would it be useful to use Genie to input the attractions I want on just one side of the park? Would Genie then be more likely to show me LL’s in those 2 lands? Or does Genie really not care what you enter into My Day, it just shows you whatever it wants?

1 Like

I think you are confusing Genie and Genie +. Genie is the free planning tool where you tell it all the things you want to do and it ignores you and tells you to do random stuff. Genie + is the paid FP/LL system. I think you’re right that if you put just your most wanted ride in Genie, it will be easier to see the LL times on the Tip Board. Or you can scroll to the ride you want from the list which I think is alphabetical but not certain. You’re booking your own LLs so you will only be criss crossing the park if you choose attractions all over the place.

8 Likes

Thank you for this clarification.

So I don’t have to use the Genie portion at all really, but if I use it to put the rides that are in the area of the park that I want to stay in, it may be quicker/easier to find the LL’s that are available because they should theoretically be at the top of the Tip Board, with less scrolling required. Is this right?

I’m trying to think of ways to make the whole Genie+ system easier for me to navigate, but maybe I’m just making it more work than I need to. I’m a person who can read about something 1000 times, but I need to actually do it or see a simple step by step video in order for it to really click.

3 Likes

You’re correct. If you edit your selections (by choosing which rides you’re most interested in), those will be “pinned” at the top. Otherwise, as @missoverexcited said, the Tip Board lists the rides in alphabetical order. In practice, I would pin the ride I am prioritizing next or most at the top. The benefit of this is that you can refresh and see the time the next LL is available without having to scroll down, check the time, go back up to the top, pull down to refresh, and scroll down to check the refreshed time (which may not change much depending on which attraction you’re looking for and how in demand it is). I’m a visual learner as well. Here are some screenshots of what my MDE Tip Board screen looks like right now. I’m not sure if this shows up in everyone’s MDE or if I can see it because I have a package booked. I’ve been able to see it since G+ was released but my package was booked prior to that. I’ve never tried to access the tip board without a package so idk if this is helpful. But it can’t hurt, right?
Here’s my landing page for “My Day”. Shows my park reservation, my resort info, and my dining reservation(s) (I edited the screenshot and blurred my actual info).

This is the Tip Board. I can only see wait times and LL for today obviously. I haven’t pinned any specific rides so they’re listed in order.

This is where I can edit my selections. I chose BTMRR.

And this is what the tip board looks like after I selected my “Top Pick”. I could have selected more than one.

Hope your trip is incredible!!

9 Likes

I do not have tickets linked and am not able to edit selections for tip board. I can see the rest of the info though. I also can not add anything to my day. It wants me to link reservations/ tickets first.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing screenshots as all my knowledge is theoretical - we can’t even see the tip board over here even though I’ve got a package booked.

4 Likes

This was super helpful. Will be putting this all through its paces this Friday!

3 Likes

Thank you so much! I really appreciate your explanation and the screen shots! This was exactly the information that I was looking for.

2 Likes

Oh good! Sometimes I start to reply to a question and then second guess myself thinking “I’m only a baby liner. I can’t help” so it’s encouraging to know it was helpful!!

4 Likes

My pleasure!

1 Like

You got it! One thing this is frustrating is that if you choose one MK date under “my day” and select your priorities for that day and then select a different date and enter those priorities for that different day - the tip board only remembers the selections you last enter.

It’s a small thing, but you would think the system would be able to handle more than one day at the same park, but it doesn’t! So I only use those
“my day” selections “in the moment” to bump things up the LL list. Otherwise I use a touring plan!

4 Likes

Does it work with a different park, different day? Say I put the second day as Epcot and those attractions, would it keep my MK pinned for the first day and jump to Epcot rides the next?

1 Like

Yes, whatever you choose for each park will stay. But I was never able to get it to list more than one parks worth of rides, I always had to change parks.

2 Likes

In terms of planning in advance, since G+'s release, I have always had the functionality of selecting which park I want on which day and editing my top selections for that park. So if I click “My Day” (pictured in the first screenshot above), it brings me to a calendar. I have the option to pick today and/or any day available with my tickets. I can then select which park, the next screen allows me to choose for whom in my party I am making reservations (proper use of whom?) and then the next screen allows me to edit my “Top Picks”. Presumably those will be my top picks and pinned as such on that future day when I open the app. But it’s Disney so also if it’s Tuesday and windy and I am favoring my left foot then maybe the app won’t work at all so who knows?

I will say that as I am making my TP, mentally walking through the logistics of my days, and periodically checking in on LL times/availability in the app day-to-day leading up to my 1/20 trip, I don’t anticipate that multiple “Top Picks” will be terribly helpful in advance for a Liner. We know which LLs will go fastest, which can wait, and are developing a strategy in advance. Having the most in-demand attraction and/or the next LL you want pinned to the top, on the day you’re in that park, seems like it’s going to be much more helpful than pinning 4 or 5 attractions well in advance. But again, baby Liner here so grain of salt and all that.

3 Likes

Yup I found this annoying when you’re trying to go fast in the morning b/w two parks. You have to change park on the Tip Board

1 Like

I would always just put the things I planned to grab LL’s for first in the morning at the 7am drop all by themself so I didn’t have to scroll when i refresh the screen to load the page for clicking right at 7. Then I would go in and add the other things I planned to grab LL for later in the day so I could get them when the time came.

2 Likes

I’ll share an alternative method to quickly refresh a certain attraction.

1. On the Tip Board, tap on the name of the attraction you are targeting.

Then tap the “LL” logo on the attraction page.

It then goes back to the Tip Board page all refreshed, but stays at the same spot so you don’t have to scroll.

12 Likes