Question about Stand Alone Park Tix (not park of vacation package)

We have a room-only res booked for October. DW and I are 50/50 on whether we are going to go in October or reschedule for the spring. It will depend both of Covid levels and also the extent to which WDW is back to “normal” in terms of offerings/rules.

If I buy park tickets now (not part of a vacation package) and book park days in October, how long are the tickets good for if we decide to cancel the trip? I know the room can be cancelled up to 5 days in advance of check-in day for a full refund, and I know the tix are non-refundable, but I can’t find information of how the tix can be rescheduled.

1 Like

Park reservations can always be cancelled and rescheduled, but if you wait to buy and reserve park days you will limit which parks, if any you can enter. Especially since you are looking at the kick off of the 50th Celebration on October 1st.

I’ll let someone else chime in about ticket expiration dates and using them for a later trip. You could also call their reservation line and ask a CM… call first thing in the morning b4 hold times get bad

1 Like

The value of your tickets remains. You’ll have to call and purchase new tickets and ask to have the value of the unused ticket put towards your new tickets. Can’t do it online.

3 Likes

That said, if there’s any chance at all that you’ll be going in October, you’ll want to buy the tickets and reserve your parks before availability is completely gone. The 50th adds another layer of complexity to an already complicated time.

3 Likes

Do you know if there is an expiration for this? For example, the value has to be used no later than 1 year from the purchase date of the tix or something time-frame like that.

There’s no time frame for this.

1 Like

Does this feature in MDE not work?

1 Like

The change ticket option and the directions are what I see when I look at my dated tickets.

1 Like

Thanks. It sounds like if I change the date of the October tix before the first date I am scheduled to use them, then I can change to a set of dates in the spring and only pay any increase in cost between the 2 sets of dates.

2 Likes

That is true. I would keep track of your ticket numbers outside of the app just in case they fall off if you don’t move them in time. Friends of mine who cancelled during the closure period were unable to move their ticket dates themselves after the initial change (we cancelled our April 2020 trip and rescheduled to May 2020 hahaha). They could change themselves from April to May, but not May to another date without calling.

2 Likes

You can do this, but I think only if you buy direct from Disney. If you buy from any of the discounters, you have to call.
I think I just assumed they would be bought through a discounter like UT, because it’s what so many liners do.

2 Likes

In the past I have been able to change Undercover Tourist tickets myself in the app (Jan 2020) but I have read on here that hasn’t been the case since covid?

So the trick seems to be if anyone is worried they should buy direct. I did pay about $50 extra to buy my tickets direct through Disney. I expected it would provide me options if needed.

2 Likes