Question about DVC parking and Laundry

Last few trips have been in a 2brm- so wanted to check the status of laundry (is it still free) when you stay in a DVC studio? And there is no nightly parking fee for DVC owners now?
Thanks

There is not a parking fee if you are staying at a dvc resort on points.

In a studio you need to go to the shared laundry. The machines are free (you usually have to scan in) but there usually is not laundry detergent in a studio (you can purchase from a machine in the room or the resort store). There was detergent in my studio at GFV.

4 Likes

Thanks, I was reading the TP review of BCV and it mentioned a $25 parking fee and fees for laundry so I wanted to check.

The full answer is that you do not pay the parking fee if:

• you are staying at a DVC resort on your membership, which includes a cash reservation booked through Member Services, whether on a discounted rate or not

• you are staying at a Disney owned WDW non-DVC Resort on points (which is a really bad use of points anyway)

• you are staying at a DVC resort on someone else’s points

2 Likes

Do DVC members pay for parking at parks? I’m reading this as they don’t pay for parking at resorts w/ a reservation. If they drive to a park do they pay for parking. I think if you are a passholder you don’t have to pay for parking at the parks.

If you are staying onsite (any resort or DVC) and have tickets, parking is free at the parks.

5 Likes

As @PrincipalTinker said, if you are a DVC member staying onsite you get the same free parking at the parks as any other onsite guest.

But DVC members don’t get free parking if they come for the day. They would have to have an AP and qualify that way.

1 Like