Question about Disability Pass

We will be visiting the parks Feb. 17-20 with our 14-year-old son who is on the autism spectrum. I’ve been reading up on the disability pass, which seems like a must for us in order for him to enjoy our vacation. Does anyone have experience with getting/using the disability pass?

1 Like

Hi! Disney crush podcast just did an episode on the DAS pass that was very helpful

My 8 year old son and myself visited WDW the week before Thanksgiving. He has ADHD and some intense sensory issues. We hadn’t been to any of the parks for several years because waiting in line was so difficult. The disability pass was a life saver for us! We don’t mind waiting our turn, but having to do it in such tight quarters with so much going on around us would always cause him to get over simulated followed by the inevitable meltdown. Our first day I simply explained why he has a hard time waiting in a line atmosphere and the CM got us set up for the pass. That way we could wait in an area where he could be “free” and not confined or we could walk around while we waited. It made such a huge positive difference to our trip!

1 Like

That sounds a lot like our situation. How long did it take to get the pass set up? We are hoping to rope drop at MK on our first day. Can it be done before you go into the park?

1 Like

Unfortunately you have to obtain the DAS from guest services after you are inside the park. We went to AK for the EMH our first day. We rope dropped FOP then headed to guest services after that. There was no one in line in front of us, so it took maybe a total of maybe 5 min tops to get set up for the pass. The CM used a tablet and scanned my son’s magicband. When we wanted to utilize the pass we simply told the CM at the beginning of the ride line and they used a tablet to scan either of our bands. Then they would give us a time to return to the ride. You can show up any time after the time they give you. When you return you simply scan your band as if you had a FP and head in. Your DAS return time will also show up on the MDE app which I didn’t realize but was super helpful when I couldn’t remember what time they’d told me once.

1 Like

Skimming through this, looks like you already have some answers. However, feel free to let me know if you have any more specific questions. We used DAS on our family trip last Halloween. It is very easy to get set up and use. One important thing to keep in mind is that it relies on the fastpass line to actually get you on the ride. So if fast passes are not available, for example during extra magic hours, it is more complicated. We never needed to do this, but I was assured we would be accommodated if necessary.

The DAS is a godsend for my 11-year-old Nanny Kid. I’ve taken him twice before and we’re going a third time this February (18-26th). He has moderate learning difficulties, ADD, Global delay, and is on the autism spectrum- waiting in queues is difficult and he needs to have a plan otherwise he gets very anxious, so I overplan everything for his comfort. If you use the fastpass system and DAS well together then it can completely change your experience. The first time we used it, I didn’t plan well enough so there was a lot of to-ing and fro-ing across parks- getting a DAS from one area, then going to do a fastpass in another, but then having to return to the first area- so lots of walking, lots of frustration for my NK. So, my advice would be to get a DAS return time at a ride near where your next fastpass is.

Thanks for all the help! I’m sure this is going to help make this a great trip for all of us!