Question about an article I read

SDD was the first for DS7 and DS4. Of course the cameras were malfunctioning so I didn’t get on-ride pictures :frowning:

1 Like

I just realized, we’re doing Soarin’ right after breakfast. Maybe we’ll give DS7 some children’s gravol as we head to Garden Grill. I think we’ll be doing Mission Space Green not Orange.

The trip reports in this forum are excellent for getting a better gauge on what rides people might be able to handle. @missoverexcited, I found it particularly helpful to read which ones you and Joe loved vs. the ones the less daring members of your family were willing to join you on.

Edited to add, that’s so sad about the cameras!

2 Likes

That’s a shame! This was 2012 so no SDD, and HS was our first park day of his first trip. I knew he’d love it though, he was desperate to get on it.

2 Likes

This is what we did. And plan to do again. It’s my husband’s one request. He felt so special walking out of the ride as all the masses were coming in.

2 Likes

I’m glad you found the report helpful!

1 Like

Mine’s thrill seeker too! :smiley:

Luckily so am I. DH too.

1 Like

My DH is a complete mardarse :joy:

1 Like

He (your youngest, not your mardarse husband :joy:) sounds so much like my DS11 in his approach to rides! (It’s funny, when DS7 was born a few people acted like there was no novelty because he was a second boy. I admit they’re both delightful but they’re quite different people anyway, and were right from the start!)

2 Likes

I had to google that…whiny? complainer? grumpy? Is that right?

Yes my two are very different. Even allowing for the fact there are 10 years between them!

2 Likes

More scaredy cat.

Though it can mean whiny too. It’s versatile.

1 Like

That’s not what google said. You should let them know.

1 Like

My 2 are very different as well. You can give DS4 a new pair of socks and he’s so excited and appreciative. You give DS7 a bike and he whines that he wanted blue, not green! Maybe it’s because DS4 is a middle child and just thankful for any attention!!

1 Like

Me too.

1 Like

It was only as stressful as the guests made it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

90% of the time it is fun. You have to be ok with routine. If you get bored or distracted easily from doing a repetitive task then Ops is not for you! We were allowed to sing, dance, cheer to break up the monotony and to keep from falling into “robot mode”.

The 10% when it wasn’t fun was due to either cranky guests or “walk-offs” for ride break downs. I loathe walk-offs. There was a very precise procedure for how to evacuate a ride. Each time it needed to be done you had to treat it like it was a real emergency, like a fire or tornado was coming. Guests think it’s a novelty to see the ride that way (it is!) but as a team member / CM I’m doing a serious job to get you out safely even if it’s due to a ride breakdown and not a life threatening matter.

I’ve only been written up once in my 10+ years of theme park experience and it was for not unloading a log flume boat in the exact sequence. (In my defense,a family refused to get off the boat in order because they wanted the grandmother to get out first. I tried to explain it, but they were already mad that they were missing out on the ride they’d waiting so long to board. So I just did it.) In my Lead’s / Supervisor’s words, “I allowed the guest dictate the evac procedure”.

2 Likes