Quelle surprise! A Disneyland Paris Trip Report continues…

Love the pictures and blue sky!

2 Likes

I think you have to and I bet you’re right and they are better in DLP.

3 Likes

Correct, none to be found at DLP. Not really sure why. Maybe they used to have them?

Interesting, haven’t heard this before. Contrarily, I find cheaper store-bought ice creams in the Netherlands and France to be terrible compared to what you can get in the US. Here you gotta stick to Magnum, Häagen Dazs or Ben & Jerry’s. The rest are trash imho.

3 Likes

IASW. Really love the outdoor facade a La Disneyland :heart:

Groeten aan mijn medelanders!

Atrium inside Restaurant Agrabah Cafe. Second time eating here and it was even better than I remembered. Highly, highly recommend for vegetarians or any middle eastern cuisine lovers.

7 Likes

Les Mystères du Nautilus. Was closed for refurbishment in my June trip. A really neat walk through with outstanding Airco. Can you spot the hidden Mickey in one of these photos?

6 Likes

With regards to your original trip, would you go back to Cheyenne? I’m trying to figure out hotels for our trip next May - Marvel would be my first pick but it’s $1000 more expensive for three nights and I’m not sure it’s that much of my first pick. I’m not sure if we’d miss having a pool…

5 Likes

Glad to hear that! We love Middle Eastern food and I’ve already booked an Agrabah lunch for our trip.

3 Likes

To paraphrase @sanstitre_has_left_the_building who summed it up perfectly elsewhere, I would stay there again but not if I won the lottery. It’s hard to beat the value for staying on site at DLP. But not having a pool was a bit of a bummer. Its absence was the main reason we didn’t go back to the hotel for breaks. The rooms aren’t big enough or nice enough to want to relax in, so we took midday breaks in the park restaurants.

If you’re planning a once-in-a-lifetime trip - with kids - I would definitely consider investing in HNY:AoM or Newport Bay (haven’t stayed there yet) for the pools and mattress comfort.

5 Likes

Exploring Frontierland

Then we crossed the hub to finally make it to Discoveryland.

6 Likes

Thanks! I think that’s the conclusion we came to yesterday as well - Newport Bay is only $300 more for our trip so probably worth the upgrade. The Marvel hotel is another $600 on top of that so probably unjustifiable.

5 Likes

Psst! I’m staying at Newport in November!

4 Likes

Oooh yay can’t wait to hear about it!

3 Likes

Sun setting over Discoveryland

Time for Disney Dreams nighttime spectacular. we rolled into the hub 3 mins before it started, so view was subpar. My dad really enjoyed the show though. The park closed immediately afterward with an announcement in English, French, German, Spanish, Italian and Dutch, which is hilarious. They only time they bother to put something in Dutch is to tell you to leave :rofl:

Á bientôt you beautiful park. Until we meet again :heart:

6 Likes

I love this-- trying to read all I can prior to my DL visit in July

3 Likes

I love this TR so much! Can’t wait for my trip to DLP in a month!

3 Likes