Q3 Earning Call

I know. My best friend is a first timer coming with us. Without me, she would be so lost.

3 Likes

:point_up::point_up::point_up::point_up::point_up::point_up:

but to @Alewis678 yes - be ready with multiple technologies, to search multiple ways, and definitely refresh those times like you would with th old fast pass system.

2 Likes

There have been so many posts on chat that there are no ADRs at all at 60 + 5 or more. I feel so bad for people that don’t know 5-6 diffent ways to check.

2 Likes

I just taught my co worker with an upcoming trip about Tp reservation finder because they couldn’t get scifi dine in.

2 Likes

and forget about it when we have 7 different ways to ride a ride!
There’s a marketing company I work with for my business and their key principal is “don’t make it hard for people to give you money” Disney is making everything so complicated. Eventually Jo(ann) public is going to crack.

4 Likes

We as the end consumer are clearly not the intended audience for this communication - it’s meant for investors. Is there anything within what they’ve said that is good news for us? anything at all?

One of the things that bothers me about the call is that they are comparing all of their metrics to last year. That’s dumb. And short sighted. With every single one of my clients, we’re doing a two year lookback (sometimes three years) to get a better idea of where the company is in relation to past performance. Trends can only be measured over time. This year to last year is not an accurate measure when last year was a dumpster fire.

4 Likes

Here is my take…

We are going to inflate consumer perception that the rides are at capacity. This will give us the ability to

• push the audience away from the attractions and into the stores and restaurants where we can collect more of their $$$
  • motivate them to spend money on our new pay to play concept.
6 Likes

Which those of us who’ve been in the last few months already feel has been happening. Make the lines intolerable so people (ahem, yours truly) will come away saying they will pay to not have to wait like that again.

(but, the DLP plan is a no-go for my family)

1 Like

THIS!!! Perfectly said:)

3 Likes

Any mention of dining plans?

No

1 Like

Just this little blurb that can be taken any number of ways. I can’t guess what she’s even referencing:

So in addition to all the technology things that we’re implementing, as Bob mentioned, reservation systems, the dining apps, we’re just seeing the consumer behavior be very favorable. -Christine

Yes what exactly are these dining apps?

1 Like

Listening to an earnings call from the perspective of a customer is like cattle hearing conversation from the butcher on their way to the slaughterhouse.

12 Likes

Biggest problem I have with reservation system is that you are locked in to a specific parks (especially during busier times when HS and/or MK book up well in advance) before you know the hours, before any after-hour events are announced, before you know your exact travel plans. There is no way most Disney consumers see it as “favorable” with the lack of flexibility to decide which park to visit w/o knowing the offerings for each day.

4 Likes

Good point and then there’s the pressure to book the parks that go first just to save a spot or if you can’t get a HS reservation you can’t ever get a BG.

2 Likes

Maybe the dining system is broken by design so we all will be willing to pay for an app that works?

4 Likes

Biggest issue I have is hopping after 2. I want to hop to EP for lunch.

6 Likes

Shhhhh don’t give them any ideas

3 Likes

I was assuming that this was mobile order?

1 Like