Purchasing magic bands when you get to disney

We are going to DW the middle of August. With the selection being low & still holding out hope for the new plus ones coming out in time I was considering just buying them when we get there. We plan on spending the first day at Disney Springs. Is the variety & availability any better there or is it the same as online?

1 Like

Much better than online. My nephew had to get a new band while we were there last month. I wish the + had come out sooner! There is also a shop where you can make custom accessories, I made a phone cover once, don’t know if they do bands though.

1 Like

Thanks. Still crossing my fingers for the plus ones. :grinning:

We went the first full week of June back when Disney said they expected to release them on 6/1. We didn’t want to pre-order the old style if the new ones were coming out during our trip. Of course the new style were not available so we all just used ours from early 2020 or the resort keycard. I hope you have better luck than we did. Just know that if you have older bands, they might still work in case they don’t have the new ones out when you go.

yes, BUT… if you are staying on property, you can preorder bands that are sometimes different than what you’ll find online. Here’s some I ordered w/ upcoming trips. They are cheaper than you’ll find in a store too.

I didn’t pay more than $20 for any of them and in park they are $29 and up. I found these on shop Disney

1 Like

We are staying on site & I would love to preorder with the cheaper price but….I really want the plus ones Lol. I may break down when it gets closer to our date but for now holding our hope. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

We do not have any old bands to use. I definitely want one. Not sure if my son will wear it or not so still debating with him. My husband is on the fence yet. If the plus ones come out & our son can interact with stuff we might be able to get him to wear it. Lol

2 Likes

Same! I try to check for the new ones every few days. We are trying to be patient as well. Even with getting the “older” bands - some days there are only one or two available.

1 Like

It always feels like there are two designs worth getting, but the rest are “meh.” For a family of four or more, it’s hard to find a good selection for preorder. Back when the basic ones were free, we would order those and then get stickers from Etsy to give them personality.

1 Like

That’s what I’ve always done but this time we’ve struggled to get the plain bands.

Yes! We (me, daughter 16, son 15, daughter 13) are fine with the plain ones, we just can’t find any. Our trip isn’t until October so we have a couple months yet, but it would be nice to have a decent selection to look at. Finding the new ones would be fabulous, but if I understand correctly - the new ones aren’t in the park gift shops either.

1 Like

No they’re not yet.

Wow the on-site is lacking. Just looked and there is only 9. I’m hoping the new ones will be released before my September trip.