Proud of my planning skills!/DDP savings

Hi all,
Our next trip is coming up in 23 days! It was supposed to be a quick trip, 3 days only, but I just had to extend it by a day on each side :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. We love to try new places so our original 3 days are at BLT and then I added a night at BRV (new to us) and then our last night will be at POFQ. I didnā€™t make any ADRs because we were just gonna kinda wing it. I started looking around the other day though at whatā€™s available and hereā€™s where the epic planning comes into playā€¦I snagged a dinner reservation for storybook dining, which we had been wanting to try, on the same night that we are scheduled to stay at BRV. But, this meal will cost my family more than $360ā€¦which kinda hurts. Then I remembered that we could purchase the DDP for just that night, since our reservation at BRV is just one night. The DDP will cost us about $400 for one day, and will cover the storybook dining plus a quick service, 2 snacks, and mugs. Score! So then I thought, how can I maximize my use of the DDP even more? Well, we are headed to MK the next morning and we love BOG breakfast, so I looked around for a reservation for that. No luck. But I plugged my search into the reservation finder and this am I woke up to the text I had been waiting for. I successfully booked the exact BOG reservation I was looking for!
I had to share my excitement with you all. Iā€™m not sure I could have planned it better if I did all of my typical planning and booked at the very second my window opened.
Also, I see posts all the time about whether or not the DDP is worth it. It has always been worth it for my family of 6. But we always do character and more expensive meals when we have it. When we donā€™t buy it, we do the garden grocer thing and can definitely save money. Butā€¦the meals and snacks are a huge part of the experience for us. This is just an example of how DDP can be used to save money. We are arriving around dinner time on our first night. The DDP will cover our dinner, breakfast next day, and lunch because we will use our snacks :blush:
Sorry for the long postā€¦super excited!!!

10 Likes

Great planning! You will order an alcoholic drink at dinner and a mimosa at breakfast too?

1 Like

Of course!

2 Likes

Ooooo weā€™ll done! I get very excited when things like this happen for me. I have yet to plan a trip far enough in advance to do ADRs as they ā€œshouldā€ be done, but man is that res finder gold!

2 Likes

Sounds like a great use of the DDP! I have convinced myself that we should NOT use it for our upcoming January trip because no matter how I crunch the numbers, I believe we will spend less if we pay as we goā€¦ but being able to snag it for just one day as you have is definitely a great deal!! :grin:

2 Likes

Awesome for you!!! Im still waiting for that elusive Storybook dining - but in the last 2 weeks ive snagged 2 new rezs through rez finder - its amazing.

2 Likes