Projections week after Easter - surprisingly low?

I’m also in MA, so yes… flying. Airfare is ridiculously expensive either of those weeks, but this is the last big trip before oldest graduates high school so we are ready to pay.

On September 16th SW flights will open. Maybe just put a refundable deposit down for both times and wait to see if you can get a good price then?

That’s our week! We, in NH, are a week after the MA break. It took us a while to choose that week as our preferred dates, but once we did it became a fast favorite! Hot enough, but not too hot, and not overcrowded either.

1 Like

It is Passover too?

Basically there is no week that is not some American spring break.
It’s chaos

2 Likes

Glad to hear first hand that it’s a good week!

My question is similar, but more about the actual day of Easter, April 17. I have also read to expect crowds on Easter, especially in MK and Epcot, but the crowd calendar shows a 3 at MK that day! I am trying to choose park reservations for that weekend and I was originally planning to avoid MK on Easter but crowd calendar is making me rethink it. I’m not sure what to do!

It will NOT be a 3 or even close to that anywhere on Easter.

MK has at times had phased closure on Easter.

Expect crowds at maximum levels, and pack your patience.

4 Likes

I think that’s the case when Easter is early. But when it’s late - it was a 3 at MK in 2019 and a 5 in 2017. The days leading up to Easter were a lot more crowded.

The spring break calendar has changed in the last decade for a lot of states - when it is late, spring breaks are more spread out and the week before Easter is the crazy week.

3 Likes

Out of curiosity, what year did you go?

I think it was 2006? But it might have been 2011.

Actually, I think the last time my trip was in the Easter window was 2014 so maybe then?

1 Like

Bear in mind, the week leading up to Xmas, Presidents week and the week before Easter have epic crowds.

The remaining 49 weeks of the year are some Americans’ Spring Break and they’re also 10/10.

It’s chaos.

3 Likes

This is our week. Glad to hear!

Easter 2023 is April 9. We are planning for the very last week of April 2023, so Apr 22-29. I keep reading conflicting reports about the placement of Easter and crowds. I don’t know what to think at this point.

We went late April 2021 and it was low to moderate. Should be a great time to go!

1 Like

We were supposed to go week after Easter 2020. Crowds creeped up as the months went on. I think a lot have that week as break, not as crowded as week before but our week had atleast all 8s in the calendar leading up to our trip, which obv was cancelled.

We go that week too, and usually have for a few years now. It’s generally moderate.

In 2022 though all bets are off and you should be prepared for it to be a lot busier than usual. If it’s not, bonus. But I think with littles about to be able to be vaxxed, more families who have held off will go, and that timing will work out perfectly (?) .

1 Like

I would definitely plan that week. There is a race that weekend?

This is an interesting point and maybe what is driving their algorithm?? We will have park hopper so can always pivot if crowds are weighted significantly different than we planned for. In the past I have planned based on crowd calendars and it has never let me down, but this year who knows!

Thanks! We are planning to park hop to DHS a few evenings rather than going at the start of the day. Do you think we risk DHS being at capacity and closed to park hoppers on very busy weekends? Maybe I should reserve a park day there just in case even though we don’t prefer to go there in the morning??