Private VIP Tour Companies - what's the real deal?

Without naming any specific companies, does someone know how these actually work? I saw one mentioned in another group and did some digging but can’t find much. There are some older threads but they’re all from FP+ times, which makes what they seem to be doing make a little more sense.

Their websites are vague, people posting (recent! April-July so post-Covid and during the time crowds have picked up a lot) reviews just say vague things like “we hardly waited in any lines!” “we had no waits!” “Soandso knew all the secrets to getting us on the rides we wanted” etc. Obviously they act as a guide as far as navigating and stuff like that. But beyond that, are they doing something shady? Sounds like in the past they used dummy bands to book FPs or used the Change Party function, but WDW closed that loophole and now there are no FPs. Most of the reviews it sounds like the guide doesn’t usually ride so it doesn’t seem like they’re utilizing DAS(?) Are they really just using a good touring strategy? (maybe they’re using TP :laughing:).

1 Like

My guess would be DAS. It could be a for a child/relative of the guide. I’ve heard that method used even before the pandemic. Other than a Disney VIP tour, I don’t know any other way that would be accomplished. Most of the people on these boards wait in lines some of the time at this point, at least based on reading trip reports.

Exploiting Club33 membership? I don’t know why you’d risk it, but could that be a possibility?

1 Like

Alright, I just read reviews on one I found. Each group has 2 guides and they save spaces in line so the people in the group can just hop in line. That’s annoying.

2 Likes

I mentioned it in my trip report. We saw a big group including kids and a baby with a guide that I heard them call third party Disney tour guide. He carried a big backpack and was offering all of them drinks and snacks at rope drop. Told the kids they wouldn’t have to wait in any lines. They were right behind us but quickly moved (shoved) in front of us when they let us go to the first ride.

1 Like

A lot of the reviews mention the guide waiting for them at the end, so they’re not riding at least all of the rides. Unless they are coaching the touring party on getting a DAS for someone in their party, which is possible.

A friend of mine hired a third party guide for his family’s WDW visit (which he planned to be their only trip to WDW). My friend knew zero about Disney and had no desire to spend any time learning. The way he described the guide, it sounded like having a Liner with him. The guide knew the fastest ways to navigate the park, FP+ strategies, which attractions had longer wait times at various times of day, etc. The guide also did things like getting them water/snacks while the family was on an attraction and book same day FP on my friend’s phone as soon as the family checked in for the current FP. My friend said it saved his family a lot of time and he was happy with the service.

3 Likes

I mean I’ve read one where the guide was able to get a DAS pass for a relative he brought with him and was able to get people on the ride using DAS with the guide’s relative. Really shady.

3 Likes

I could see that pre Covid, but I looked and also saw the reviews that are from this month saying they rode all the rides with hardly any waits. FP doesn’t exist. I mean, you can have a knowledgeable person taking you through the parks, but even liners on here have waited in some lines.

5 Likes

I agree. My friend’s trip was a few years ago.

Still cutting in line. I’d say something to a CM.

2 Likes