Princess Weekend 2/23 - 2/26/2023: The Main Thread

Thought I could collect everyone into weekend threads. Might make it easier to follow those threads that are most meaningful to people.

I’ll do each of the 2022/2023 weekends for now

I’m inserting this sentence so the forum gods will let me pass.

2 Likes

Anyone else registering this morning? I’m doing the challenge again! My mom and sister are joining me for the 10k and my DD12 and I are going to do the 5k! I swore I’d never sign up for a 5k Disney race but when my darling daughter asked to do it with me I jumped on board!

2 Likes

So you’re all registered?

Princess will not work for me for at least another 8-10 years because my son plays hockey and that’s playoff season. Which is a bummer for me, but I do love watching him play, so…

This coming season, actually, his team has a tournament in Raleigh/Durham, NC the week before Princess. That will be fun - I have friends in that area that I’m looking forward to visiting :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am registered for the challenge. I’m so excited! Two other girls from my running group at home got in & another close friend of mine also did. This was so much smoother than marathon weekend registration.

3 Likes

Congrats to those that registered! Everything except the half is already sold out, these races are super popular this year!

I am not sure how I feel about the logos for this year’s race - but I look forward to running it someday!

4 Likes

That’s bonkers. I was so nervous spending time to add 5 registrations to my page once I got through to pay. I was terrified I’d submit payment and something would be sold out!!

Yes, all registered!!

That’s tricky with hockey! Can you swing the Springtime Races? Those look fun.

Not typically as my family usually visits at the end of April and the timing is just bad. But definitely not this coming year - I’ll be going to Africa on 6/30/23 and so I’m saving all of my time off and dollars for that.

1 Like

This is the only race weekend that I run the challenge. I had already decided before registration that if it was full I would be fine with running only the 1/2. So glad I got in for the challenge though!!

I can’t believe I’m signed up for W&D, marathon weekend & now Princess! I would also love to run Miami at the end of January, but that might be too much. Last year I ran 4 half’s in a 4 month period & it was tough.

4 Likes

Some of my work friends are doing the challenge! My close co-worker was in the waiting room when I arrived at work (7:00 AM PDT). She couldn’t believe that she was unable to just get in and register. Also, that one of the others going logged on later than she did, but had a shorter wait. I told her to get used to it. It’s Disney IT!

3 Likes

I’m registered for the Half! Registration was nerve-wracking because I was doing it on my cell in the middle of a road trip, but I’m glad I got a spot before it sold out!

1 Like

It’s crazy! to think last year I booked W&D half about a month and a half before the race!

1 Like

I didn’t let myself sign up this year due to cancelling (losing my money :wink: last year due to my kids’ activities. I was afraid something may come up again. Plus I need to get back on track with training.

It’s such a great weekend though. I’ve made some great memories during PHMW.

2 Likes

Medal Reveal Monday!

I’m not sure how I feel about the way they’re drawn for this series. :thinking:

1 Like

Not bad, but not awesome either.

And why is Belle’s hair red? I seriously had to gaze at that one for a moment to be sure it’s supposed to be belle.

Weird. It reads brown to me!

Loved seeing the medals on display at Wine & Dine. They are much prettier in person! And Cinderella moves with the clock thing.

I’m doing all three for the 6th time!

2 Likes

Wahoo!
I can’t wait to do Princess one year. Gotta wait a bit. My son plays hockey and that’s always playoff season…

I can’t believe we only have a month until Princess weekend!

What is everyone wearing??I’ve got my costumes for the 10k & half. My hubby just got his Kristoff shirt yesterday & I am re-wearing my Anna costume from last year’s Princess 1/2. For the 1/2 I got a pink Cinderella outfit from iglow running.

1 Like

squeal of joy

I love these medals! I wish I was going to be there to collect them. Good luck everyone.

2 Likes